Urgent Request For Friday Pm - Please

Baking By auntbeesbaking Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 10:57pm by adonisthegreek1

auntbeesbaking Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 6

I would be so grateful for any help! My son just reqested a Bubble Gum flavored cake for his birthday tomorrow. I have Lorann oil but I've not used it in a cake mix and am not sure of the amount. And, do I use a white cake mix and add it in or yellow? He doesn't want the frosting flavored, just the cake.

Can you please help me? You'd have my utmost gratitude!

5 replies
lauramw71 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 6

I believe their website will tell you how much to use. I've never used the oil so I can't give you an answer. I do think I read it on their website though. I know lots here have used the oil so someone should be here shortly to help you. Sounds yummy though. I've never thought of making a bubblegum flavored cake. What flavor frosting do you use with that?

KHalstead Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:48pm
post #3 of 6

when I make white choc. raspberry I use one capfull of the rasberry , maybe you could start with that? I would use a white cake mix with it also, that way it's a neutral flavored cake.

chassidyg Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 6

ive used them in cake mix & frosting, with the cake mix i did little at a time, and then tasted the batter, some of their oils are stronger then others.

JanH Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:52pm
post #5 of 6

1 tsp. (or less to taste) of LorAnn oil should do it. icon_smile.gif

That's all that was used in this Tropical Dream (doctored cake mix) recipe:

adonisthegreek1 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:57pm
post #6 of 6

I usually use one dram per recipe. One dram is 1/16 of an ounce or for recipes it's 1 tsp. I just buy the one dram bottles.

Quote by @%username% on %date%