The Dark Knight .. Just A Head!?

Decorating By Ayanami Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 6:31pm by Ayanami

Ayanami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 8:03pm
post #1 of 6

I have been asked to make a Batman cake for a little boys bday & he wants "The Dark Knight" specifically. (okay icon_confused.gif) So I emailed the mom a few pics that I found on CC of different ways we could create a batman cake for her little one.

She just emailed me back & said that she liked the carved cake of the bat logo (cutout) but would like it to be batmans head instead.

icon_confused.gif

How is a carved bat logo anything like a custom carved batman head!? icon_confused.gif

Anyway, my question:
Has anyone ever done a 3-D head only. I don't plan on making it a stand up head, just a face "looking up" but still.

How would you go about doing this you think?!

TIA
Casey

5 replies
Ayanami Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 8:04pm
post #2 of 6

PS - it needs to feed 25-30 ppl.

Ayanami Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 9:57pm
post #3 of 6

Anyone? Please!? icon_sad.gif

mausman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mausman Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 6

Hi

i think the following site can giv u some idea as how u can do it though the bust i s cake where as the head is of menequin but i think u can go 4 da same or u can stack circle cakes and carve an oval face shape the followin pics can giv u the more idea as how u can get it alll done best of luck

http://frostingfun.blogspot.com/2005/04/you-will-need-10-cups-of-red-crusting.html

ngfcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ayanami Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 6:31pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks guys. I really love the styrofoam head idea! icon_rolleyes.gif hmmm..... Got me thinkin now! icon_lol.gif

Thanks so much! I'll be sure to post pics when I'm done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%