Super Mom Today!

Decorating By vickymacd Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 9:49pm by 2chae

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:18pm
post #1 of 8

Finished up my son's 17th b'day cake in the wee hours of the night and since I decorated it fitting for his Auto Class at school, decided to take it to his class! Yeah, at 17, I'm taking a chance with embarassing my kid. I sweated the whole time walking down that long hallway in high school to the Auto Shop room. Walked into class and my son was shaking his head 'no'. Now I was really sweating!
But the class started singing, and crowded around him patting him on the back for bringing in cake and said what an awesome cake it was (obviously they are not cake decorators as I wasn't happy with the way it turned out). Teacher even let me take a group pic of all of them. So my worries went away and I walked away a good Mom today. Whew!
LL

7 replies
onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:34pm
post #2 of 8

Awesome job MOM! They will always be our babies to matter what age--don't they know that!

tinygoose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinygoose Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:49pm
post #3 of 8

That's cool! Good job Mom!!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:06pm
post #4 of 8

Awesome job and what a handsome young man!

dhccster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dhccster Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:17pm
post #5 of 8

What a great cake. I still want to take stuff in to my daughter's school when she is 17!!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 9:32pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks everyone. I wasn't looking for comments on the cake or my son, but just sharing that (and I took a chance) it doesn't matter how old our kids get, or how cool they think they are, they still love when we do stuff like this. I remember when one of my daughters was 17 (ironically), I made HUGE posters all over the school for her b'day. She of course was a little more dramatic about it. Or when I taped one of my sons lockers shut and stuffed it with confetti and balloons only to find out he never used his locker and had to share one! Poor other kid was late to first hour cuz he couldn't get his locker open! That was the last time I did that. I think I'll stick with cake!!! Thanks again!

lostincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lostincake Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 9:46pm
post #7 of 8

Such a nice story...thanks for sharing. Shows that if we raise 'em right, they will appreciate our efforts no matter how old they get.

2chae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2chae Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 9:49pm
post #8 of 8

Great cake! Happy Birthday to your son. That sounds like something I would do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%