Strawberries & Champagne...

Decorating By lkoenig07 Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 6:02pm by mcdonald

lkoenig07 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:22pm
post #1 of 4

I was asked by my friend's mom to do the cookies, strawberries, and choc. marshmallows for my friend's wedding. She wants the tuxedo & wedding dress strawberries. I'm wondering, how do you get the black colored chocolate, or is that just dark chocolate, for the tuxedo?? And also, her colors are black & champagne gold. How can I get that color with chocolate? Is that even possible?

3 replies
cinderspritzer Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:28pm
post #2 of 4

I suppose you could start with white chocolate and gradually mix in tiny amounts of peach and pink candy colors. Just make sure you use the oil stuff specifically for candy so the chocolate doesn't seize.

julitre1 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:31pm
post #3 of 4

I did something similar once. The bride's colors were red and gold and she wanted strawberries dipped in gold chocolate. I took white almond bark and followed the directions on melting and added gold coloring that I had for frosting. I had to gradually add a bit of Crisco to keep it soft and shiny, but it worked well, the bride was well pleased. HTH. icon_smile.gif

mcdonald Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:02pm
post #4 of 4

interesting the gold color... never thought of that...

The tuxedo part of the strawberry is just chocolate melted.. not colored or anything special....

Quote by @%username% on %date%