Fondant Edgers

Decorating By farnum22407 Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 8:12pm by butternut

farnum22407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
farnum22407 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 8

Searching the net I came across a line of Fondant Edgers in the UK. There are a variety of Edgers to choose from and they create anything from broad curved edges on the top of cakes to sharp angles for square corners. Has anyone used these types of edgers and what were the results and secondly other than the UK, does anyone know if these are available in Canada or the U.S.

7 replies
Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 8

bump! I would like to know more about these too, I'm obsessed with sharp edges, crazy I know.

londonpeach Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
londonpeach Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:23pm
post #3 of 8

I'm in the UK and would like to know about the edgers that get sharp edges.....do you know where you saw these icon_rolleyes.gif

willj7r0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
willj7r0 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:27pm
post #4 of 8
mbt4955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbt4955 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 8

Are you talking about something like this? http://www.jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=cut033

I know that either Jennifer Dontz or Sharon Zambito use them in one of their DVD's. I just can't remember which one it is.

mamacc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamacc Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:01pm
post #6 of 8

I got the narrow edger to use on fondant and it is too narrow, not sure how the other one would work. I never use it...instead I use two regular fondant smoothers and create an edge with those. But maybe someone else who had used them will have an opinion.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:59pm
post #7 of 8

I bought those. Used them once and threw them in the back of the closet somewhere. waste of $.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 8:12pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

I bought those. Used them once and threw them in the back of the closet somewhere. waste of $.

Same here......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%