Freezing Smbc

Decorating By sugarprincess Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 3:34am by sugarprincess

sugarprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarprincess Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:29pm
post #1 of 3

So, I made a batch of smbc and it turned out beautifully!!! I still think it tastes a wee bit too buttery but I am hoping that when I add the flavouring to it, it won't taste as buttery.

It is for my daughters first communion cake so I am going to be freezing it until I make the cake in May. Is it ok to add the flavouring after I thaw it because I am not quite sure what flavour I am going to use yet.

Now off to make the roses and calla lilies (Edna style)

2 replies
ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 11:17pm
post #2 of 3

Yep, just make sure to thaw it fully (I would recommend thawing it in the fridge for a day or two...and then on the counter for several hours) before rebeating. If it is too cold, it will separate on you - it will turn into butter and soup (consistency-wise). Which is no big deal, you just have to be patient and warm up the bowl until your icing comes back together.

When you rebeat, you can add in the flavoring on low and let the mixer go for a little while. You could also mix by hand to help avoid adding air bubbles, but you are going to rebeat anyway so that's just as good a time as any.

Just make sure you seal it up nice and tight so it doesn't end up with freezer burn. I know, DUHHH huh??!! icon_rolleyes.gif

sugarprincess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarprincess Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 3:34am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for your reply ceshell!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%