Airbrush System Or Edible Image System?

Decorating By nanasgoodies Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 2:24am by flowers40

nanasgoodies Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 5

I am new to CakeCentral posting, but have learked for months. Can anyone give me their opinion on which system to get sense I am just beginning ?
Thanks in advance .
Nanasgoodies.

4 replies
vickymacd Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:33pm
post #2 of 5

Both are so totally different!!

YOU have to decide which one you may have a better use for.
I have the airbrush system and a gazillion airguns....used them only a couple times. That is awesome and I've seen some people on here with fabulous cakes done with them. I personally don't use mine that much.

Edible images can be used for a lot of stuff, but you have to have the need for it to justify the cost of everything.

Depending on how much you bake, I'd just try out the Edibles at your grocery store first to see if the cost the money is really worse either.

Is this something that you just want to buy something? If you're just starting out, there are plenty of other things you may need first.

sweetcakes Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 5

you can always get your edible images made at the grocery store for $5-$10, you cant take your cake to them to airbrush it.
I would get the AB first.

LisaR64 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 2:11am
post #4 of 5

I have both, but use my edible image system much more often. The edible image printer is great for those times when you don't have a lot of time, but need something really special.

I don't have much natural artistic talent, so I definitely rely on my edible image system for a lot of my work.

flowers40 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 2:24am
post #5 of 5

My opinion is that they are apples and oranges. I have both and use both, for different things. Usually when I have a cake that calls for airbrushing, it doesn't call for edible imaging or vise-versa. I rely on my airbrush much more than my edible imaging. But when someone wants something edible imaged, it's usually something that I can only use my edible image stuff to do. I couldn't use my airbrush to do the graphics (I'm not that good)! So you need to decide whic you will benefit more(hopefully finacially) from having. I thought people would be lining up around the block for a edible image cake, wrong. But, I just do my cakes as a hobby!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%