Prayers Needed, Please!!!!!

Lounge By JGMB Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 11:58am by dhccster

JGMB Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:02pm
post #1 of 45

Hi Everyone,

Long story short, my husband had a hip replacement on the 18th. So, as is the normal procedure, he was put on Coumadin (a blood thinner) to prevent clotting.

Well, this Wednesday, he went to the ER with an acute gallbladder attack. The surgeon says it has to come out this morning. The surgery should be a little trickier because of the Coumadin. All prayers for him would be GREATLY appreciated!!

To add to all of this, his father was told yesterday that he has to have a pacemaker put in today. So, he'll be in the same hospital having surgery at the same time. Prayers for him also, please!

Thank you, everyone.

Julie

44 replies
Rcrewof10 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:13pm
post #2 of 45

Praying Julie!

kkitchen Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:17pm
post #3 of 45

My prayers are with you all. And, Nothing is impossible for GOD to handle.

TR

GRAMMASUE Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:18pm
post #4 of 45

I'm adding my prayers also.

flamingobaker Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:18pm
post #5 of 45

You have our prayers for the health and safety of your husband and family, and for you for strength.
Love
Karen

mbpbrighteyes Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:23pm
post #6 of 45

You're all in our thoughts and prayers today... those things alone can work miracles! Hang in there!!

grama_j Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:25pm
post #7 of 45

Thoughts and prayers are winging their way as we speak...... try not to worry to much.....( right!) They are aware of the medication he is taking, and they can take steps to reverse the effects, or at least lessen them... the BIG trouble with blood thinners is when a situation arises and they don't know the patient is on them..... so he is already ahead of the game.... Try to take care of yourself..... you are going to be stretched to the max the next couple of days, and you can't help them if YOU are a wreck....... ((( HUGS )))
grama_j

kjt Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:36pm
post #8 of 45

praying for wisdom and skill for the surgeons, strength and healing for your DH and FIL, and peace and strength for you...

bashini Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:37pm
post #9 of 45

Hi Julie, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Hope the surgery goes well!

Donnagardner Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 12:53pm
post #10 of 45

Prayers

jamiekwebb Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:00pm
post #11 of 45

We'll be praying

HoHo5 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:02pm
post #12 of 45

You and your family are in my prayers!
May God hold you all close, especially today!

eldag0615 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:06pm
post #13 of 45

The same as grama-j, my mom used to take Coumadin too, and she carried some papers with her at all times saying that, my mom had a mytral valve and she had a peace maker (times 3), meaning, she had the first one, it was replaced after 10 years, then the 2nd and got a 3rd. till God called her home. And it wasn't because of her heart, it was something else.
My prayers so God, the Great Physician guides the hands of all the doctors and staff involved in your DH and FIL's care.

miss_sweetstory Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:35pm
post #14 of 45

Praying for you, your husband, dad, and the medical professional that will care for them! Please take care of yourself during all this.

Ann

kathys90 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:40pm
post #15 of 45

Prayers for the whole family!

karenm0712 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:42pm
post #16 of 45

Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

janelwaters Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:42pm
post #17 of 45

My prayers are with you and your family and the doctors. Please take care of yourself, everyone is right, you will be useless to them both if you neglect yourself!

vickymacd Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:43pm
post #18 of 45

Good thoughts being sent to you and for strength during these long hours for you.

pianocat Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:44pm
post #19 of 45

I am praying for you, and your family.

Susie53 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:48pm
post #20 of 45

My prayers are with you and your family!

Charmaine49 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:49pm
post #21 of 45

From far far away, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
I know what its like, as I have a husband with a heart condition and has a pacemaker, now got breathing problems..........so keep your chin up and try to stay strong for them all.

zebra Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:53pm
post #22 of 45

My prayers. God is taking care of all of you.

cserwa Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:59pm
post #23 of 45

Healing to your family and may the holy spirit comfort you and your family through these times and provide the strength and energy you will need in the upcoming days and weeks! God bless.

nickshalfpint Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:11pm
post #24 of 45

We will be praying for you and your family too!

lainalee Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:14pm
post #25 of 45

Good thoughts and prayers are on the way. And don't forget to take care of you too! thumbs_up.gif

SugarBakerz Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:17pm
post #26 of 45

lifting you up to the Lord... please update us.. stay strong..

tripleD Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:20pm
post #27 of 45

My Prayers are with you,Your husband,your family and Father-in-law.

Scripture Quote that is dear to my heart:

" If we have faith as a grain of mustard seed nothing shall be impossible unto you "

keep your faith God bless.

sugarprincess Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:24pm
post #28 of 45

Julie,

My prayers are with you and your family. I am sure his guardian angel is watching over him as I type.

-K8memphis Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:27pm
post #29 of 45

God bless y'all, Julie!!! I understand the stress. Be sure to take care of yourself right now too. Be sure you eat some good protein, (if you are eating out of a vending machine go for some peanuts at least) drink some water, get you a book/magazine or something to keep your hands busy unless you crochet or something. Hope you have some peaceful people surrounding you. You have a ton of prayers surrounding you though.

I take Valerian in times like these--it's an over the counter herbal sleep aid that makes a great as needed calmer downer, aka tranquilizer. You can't drive though. Me, I would take one for a day like yours after I arrived at the hospital--in four hours then I could drive. When I spent three weeks with my Mom who was in ICU 500 miles away from my home, I took 2 a day and called a cab. Just some calming info for you.

Everything's gonna be fine, CakeBuddy. (((hug)))

Love & Prayers,
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Hi Everyone,

Long story short, my husband had a hip replacement on the 18th. So, as is the normal procedure, he was put on Coumadin (a blood thinner) to prevent clotting.

Well, this Wednesday, he went to the ER with an acute gallbladder attack. The surgeon says it has to come out this morning. The surgery should be a little trickier because of the Coumadin. All prayers for him would be GREATLY appreciated!!

To add to all of this, his father was told yesterday that he has to have a pacemaker put in today. So, he'll be in the same hospital having surgery at the same time. Prayers for him also, please!

Thank you, everyone.

Julie

Rosiepan Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:33pm
post #30 of 45

Praying for you and your loved ones.
God bless

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%