Do You Charge More For Topsy Turvy Cakes?

Decorating By Vicki614 Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 11:57pm by classiccake

Vicki614 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:08am
post #1 of 5

I've only done a few ( for family). I know it took longer to finish one of these compared to a regular tiered cake. I have a friend that wants one for her daughters graduation party. She needs to serve 75 ppl. Here is a picture of the cake she sent me that her daughter picked out. Also what sizes would I use to serve 75 with this type of cake.
LL

4 replies
dandelion56602 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:27am
post #2 of 5

Cute cake that was picked. Yes, I would charge more 1) Tiers are taller than the normal tier 2) They are more time consuming. If you have a price for carved cakes go w/ that price as your base price. If not I would add at least $1.50 or more to your base fondant price (if it'll be fondant, if not to your buttercream price). I would charge extra for the accents too.

I'm not sure about serving sizes. I've wondered myself. B/c most are at least 6" tall (or they look squatty) & I'm not sure how you do the math on those. But want to find out. I definitely wouldn't do one again unless I had lots of freezer/fridge space to chill the layers.

Rocketgirl899 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:49am
post #3 of 5

at the place I used to work, it would go for 7.5 a serving....

but if that is above your pricing, I would go with the above poster.

I just took an oder and I only charged 3.5... icon_cool.gif

I think I should have charged at least 4.5. oh well. first one im selling.. and we will figure it out from there icon_smile.gif

JenniferMI Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, charge more, more work, more $$$$.

Jen icon_smile.gif

classiccake Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 11:57pm
post #5 of 5

Charge more?? Of course!!

More work, more skill needed to complete.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%