Is There A Pattern On How To Make A Cap =]

Baking By miasuzzette Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 3:59pm by cakesmade4u

miasuzzette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miasuzzette Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 4:17am
post #1 of 2

icon_biggrin.gif I need to making a Cake for My friend beating Breast Cancer, I want to put a Pink Cap. Is there a Patten on how to make it. Please & Thank you thumbs_up.gif

Margie from Ct

1 reply
cakesmade4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesmade4u Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 3:59pm
post #2 of 2

Hi I haven't found a pattern but it is not to hard to make I made my first one last weekend. I had a real hat/cap to look at and went from there. First I used half of the Wilton ball pan and a 6" to make it taller. Then I put the ball pan on top of the 6"round I put a raspberry filling in mine first then frosted the whole thing. Placed the fondant on top of both of them trimmed the edges around the bottom then I used cardboard for the visor part I didn't have time for the color to set for a gumpaste visor. So I used toothpicks placed in side of the edges placed fondant over the top of the cardboard then placed the visor at an angle into the front of the cake. I used a toothpick and knife to make the stitching and lines. Small holes on top were made by a skewer stick then fondant around the holes I also used a edible image for the emblem. Hope this helps if you need extra help let me know. Hope this helps. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%