Need A Good Strawberry Cake Recipe!

Decorating By tarheelgirl Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 6:19pm by Debbie45628

tarheelgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarheelgirl Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:43pm
post #1 of 7

I need a good strawberry cake recipe! Something where the cake itself has bits of strawberry in the batter.

Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
Debbie45628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie45628 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:03am
post #2 of 7

I have been making this since the week before Valentines Day and had nothing but great comments.

1 box white mix (I tried both Duncan Hines and Pillsbury..this time
perferred the Pillsbury)
1 (3 Oz.) box strawberry gelatin
1 (15 oz.) package frozen strawberries in syrup
thawed and pureed
4 large eggs
1/2 cup veg. oil
1/4 cup water

Combine cake mix and gelatin. Add pureed strawberries, eggs, oil, and water. Beat at medium speed until smoth. Pour into prepared pans and bake for 20 min. or until done.

Recipe calls for a cream cheese frosting with added strawberry flavoring and a 1/4 of pureed strawberries.

Hope this helps. It is a Paula Deen recipe that she aired when she featured Valentine recipes.

tarheelgirl Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:32pm
post #3 of 7

Thanks so much! Can't wait to give it a try!!

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:39pm
post #4 of 7

I just made one this week. A customer of mine asked for a strawberry cake with strawberries in the batter. Do we have the same customer? icon_cool.gif

This is the one I used and it is wonderful! I will definately be using it again.

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4783-42-Scratch-Moist-Strawberry-Cake.html

tarheelgirl Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:16pm
post #5 of 7

You never know!!! icon_biggrin.gif We are both from NC! Thanks for the recipe and the feedback. I need to make it.. you know.. just to "try" it out! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

stephaniescakenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephaniescakenj Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 5:37pm
post #6 of 7

this recipe is from Paula Deen and is soooooo good. What's with all the strawberry cake requests lately? I just had to make one about a month ago and this is the recipe I ended up using. Maybe strawberry is a new fad or something...

http://www.grouprecipes.com/41354/fresh-strawberry-cake.html

Debbie45628 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie45628 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 7

I am here in Ohio and can't believe the response with this cake. Even my brother, who is hard to impress with cake, called and said it is the best he'd ever ate. I hate those mixes with the hard bits in them. Debbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%