I've Removed All Personal Information...

Decorating By ThatsHowTcakesRolls Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 3:30am by Deb_

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:37pm
post #1 of 11

Hi everyone! When I first signed up for CakeCentral a few years ago I really had no idea how involved I would be with the community so I used my name as my username. Now that I've become more active and have opened my new shop I finally decided to change my username and I have also removed my website & any identifying information from my profile.

I think many of you will know who I am but obviously, I'm not going to state my previous user name - that would kind of defeat the purpose! icon_biggrin.gif Anyway - I just wanted to mention it in case someone realized and thought maybe I was trying to hide!

Everyone - keep caking!

10 replies
Deb_ Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:47am
post #2 of 11

I recognized your avator, I remembered you from your join date because it's my anniversary.

I also don't post my business info, website, or any photos of cakes that I sell for profit. I send clients here to browse the galleries and I don't want them to see one of their cakes, and then be able to read my posts. Business is business, this is pleasure and I don't want to mix the two.

The only thing about you leaving your photos up is if you look at them, your old screen name will still show up when you commented on your photos. (I noticed that when I dropped the 27 from my screen name because I was tired of typing it.) So you may want to delete your photos, or change the "allow comments" feature on your forum info page. I think if you do that all of the comments will be deleted.

But, you may want to erase your photos anyway, someone may be able to identify your business by seeing your cakes here.

HTH icon_smile.gif

Cakeonista Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:08am
post #3 of 11

I was wantin to change my name and was wondering how to go about it. Any info???

ThatsHowTcakesRolls Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:20am
post #4 of 11

I thought about that but I only make cakes to sell so if I removed them all then I wouldn't have any on here...lol If they find me that way then more power to em...it's not really a secret but more of a less exposure sort of thing for me. I don't think my name needs to be out there...

I don't say anything that I wouldn't want anyone to see so it's not like I'm worried about my reputation - just don't want my name out there...

Deb_ Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:33am
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariu

I was wantin to change my name and was wondering how to go about it. Any info???

Just go to My Forum Info and put in a new screen name and then hit submit, it should change it for you.

buckeyecakes Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:59am
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariu

Just go to My Forum Info and put in a new screen name and then hit submit, it should change it for you.

This is how I changed my user name - and I have had issues ever since. If you go to the FAQ section on the Help tab - it says:
"If you would like to change your username, please contact us. Be sure to include your current username and what you would like your username to be changed to."

Deb_ Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 3:05am
post #7 of 11

Really, what kind of issues did you have? I dropped "27" from mine last week using this method and I haven't had any problems at all.

buckeyecakes Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 3:13am
post #8 of 11

Ever since changing my user, I have had difficulty uploading pictures, and now when I look at "My Photos" (the ones I added before changing my name) I can no longer see any comments that were there before. I have also noticed that I am no longer getting email notifications on posts that I am "watching"

Deb_ Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 3:18am
post #9 of 11

Go to the My Forum Info page and be sure your "allow comments on pics" feature didn't get turned off. If it did, all your comments will be missing. Also be sure the "allow others to e-mail me" feature is turned on too. Maybe when you changed your screen name all the features got reset to the original settings.

That's weird about the photo upload thing, is it just the size of the photo that's the issue or it just won't except them?

buckeyecakes Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 3:27am
post #10 of 11

thumbs_up.gif THANK YOU - THANK YOU - THANK YOU... you were exactly right. I never thought of checking the settings after changing my name. I will be making an anniversary cake this weekend, and I will try to upload the picture after I finish it.

Deb_ Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 3:30am
post #11 of 11

Oh good, I'm glad that worked..........especially since I'm a complete "computer dummy", although CC has taught me a lot about that too! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%