How Do I

Decorating By MsLadyCakes06 Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 6:50pm by chilz822

MsLadyCakes06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsLadyCakes06 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 9:19pm
post #1 of 8

i want to make a jungle theme baby shower cake i know i'll use fondant to make the animals like monkey, giraffe, elephant, lion, and zebra but how exactly do i make them...i like the article about putting together the "lil bear" i need something like that. sorry im learning how to use this website. didn't mean to cut in on the nest chat. help!

7 replies
chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baycheeks1 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:12am
post #3 of 8

I don't have a tutorial, but I did make some of the animals for my nephews jungle cake last month and you can ask me anything you want to...

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:12am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsLadyCakes06

i want to make a jungle theme baby shower cake i know i'll use fondant to make the animals like monkey, giraffe, elephant, lion, and zebra but how exactly do i make them...i like the article about putting together the "lil bear" i need something like that. sorry im learning how to use this website. didn't mean to cut in on the nest chat. help!

Welcome to CC! Glad to have you, and "jump in" anytime...we all do thumbs_up.gif !

Nice hook-up on the tutorial thread chilz, btw.

chilz822 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:20am
post #5 of 8

hey, no problem. I learned to start saving certain threads to my favorites because sometimes they can be difficult to find again.

I saw Summernoelle post her instructions a while ago and thought her little animals were cute and looked easy enough that even I could do them! So I saved her and am happy to pass them along.
Thank you Summernoelle!

MsLadyCakes06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsLadyCakes06 Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 8:05pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:

Oh my gosh-this website is too awesome...thank you thank you thank you, still learning all the slangy terms icon_smile.gif like the thread thing? now i can't wait to make the cake. oh how in advance can i make my lil jungle friends? I'm even hoping this is how i respond...i figure it will end up somewhere in this website...

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 5:56pm
post #7 of 8

Sorry to hike jack the thread a bit, but chilz882, how do you save a thread? I've been around a little while but don't know how to do this. You are so right, finding and old thread can be time consuming.

chilz822 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 6:50pm
post #8 of 8

paulstonia,
All I do is, when I'm on the page of a thread I want to save for future reference, like this one, is click 'Favorites' at the very top of your browser, then click 'Add to Favorites'. It's just like saving a web page that you don't want to lose!

I do this anytime a topic has something I may need for future, or something I'm really interested in.

I wanna be like JanH when I grow up and be able to toss out a list of links when people ask for it within minutes!
icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%