Keyboard....

Decorating By Mel2085 Updated 28 Feb 2009 , 11:25pm by Shannie13

Mel2085 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:17pm
post #1 of 5

I need help coming up with a way to put a computer keyboard onto the side of an 8 in round cake.....any ideas?

I am thinking covering something in fondant but I am not really sure how I can get the shape of the keys?? Can you please help?!?!

4 replies
cinderspritzer Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 10:13pm
post #2 of 5

Can you clarify what you need, exactly? How big does the keyboard itself need to be?

Mel2085 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 5

it has to cover the outside of an 8 in round cake.

cinderspritzer Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 11:09pm
post #4 of 5

like wrapping around? I'd suppose you could measure the distance around the cake, and the height. then roll your fondant out at least big enough to cover that. You could ''paint'' the keys on, using your color pastes. You could make sure the keys were squared by using a clean ruler lightly laid on the fondant, as long as you make all the rows just a little bit off-centered from each other.

i'm prolly not much help, but that's all i can really think of. icon_sad.gif sorry.

Shannie13 Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 11:25pm
post #5 of 5

Just wanted to add on to Cinder's Idea with the ruler...you could also try to imprint the "keys" on with a small square cutter, like an imprint with diamonds but turned the other direction. Well I can see the idea in my head...guess I am not describing it right. Sorry

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%