Can My Cold Prorcelian Be Saved?

Decorating By mellormom Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 8:55pm by mellormom

mellormom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellormom Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 4

I made some cold porcelain and it didn't turn out right at all. It is super sticky and almost a glue consistency. This is the recipe I used:
3 cups white glue, 3cups Corn Starch, 1 tbl white vinegar 1 tbl glycerine, and tbls canola oil. I mixed it all together like they said and then microwaved it. It was supossed to be a ricotta cheese consistency and then you knead it. So I needed it with the hand cream for a very long time and it never seemed doughy enough so I added more C S. Then I let it sit for a few days, but now it is just a big sticky mess.
HELP PLEASE!
Hopefully I'm not out of luck! LOL
Jen...

3 replies
mellormom Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 4

bumping myself. icon_smile.gif
Jen...

Redlotusninjagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Redlotusninjagrl Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 8:15pm
post #3 of 4

So funny 'cause I just read on another thread about roses that someone there makes her roses from cold porcelain. I had never even heard of it until I did a google search. I came across a website with like three different "recipes". I am sure that this medium works well. I personally wouldn't want to put something made of glue on a cake.

I wish I could help. The only suggestion I would give you is to start a new batch. That probably isn't what you want to hear, but if your batch is too far gone, maybe it can't be saved.

I'd love to know how many people use this. Like I said, I had never even heard of it until today. But then I am pretty new at this.

mellormom Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks. I actually added some C S to a small portion of it and it seems to work pretty good now. It tares easily though. So I will have to get used to working with it.
Jen...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%