Online Bettercreme?????

Decorating By tonimarie Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 2:49am by sweet_teeth

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 13

Hi I live in the middle of nowwhere land, was wondering if anyone knew a place online that I could order Rich's bettercreme and get in on next day shipping??? Thank you icon_smile.gif

12 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 13

I would go on the Rich's website.They have a region map where you can check to see where they have warehouse etc..See what is closest to you and call them up...They may sell to you..they may not...might only sell to wholesale businesses.It's worth a try!! I was on there the other day and found out they have a Canadian supplier in Eastern Canada...too far for me!!

Laurel icon_smile.gif

enoid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enoid Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:28pm
post #3 of 13

Sorry Rich's does not sell to the individual only to businesses. I saw that on another thread about Bettercreme. I think there may be somewhere on the web to order it but can't find the thread that told where.

dragonmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonmommy Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:34pm
post #4 of 13

You can order it online at sugarcraft.com. The shipping is around $30 dollars though.

Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:44pm
post #5 of 13

It is a refrigerated product so shipping to individuals is not cost prohibited.

But what you can do is find out who your local food distributor is. Try Sysco, Sigma etc....they usually have warehouses in various areas and they might have a cash & carry. I know it varies from state to state and I am sure province to province.
Also, if you have a Costco (you do in Alberta) & or please don't strike me down for saying this...a Sams Club tapedshut.gifthumbsdown.gif you can buy it from them in tub form you just have to go to the bakery and ask them for it.

Plus, in Canada you can try using powdered Dream Whip which is sold in most grocery stores on the shelf and you don't need to put it in the fridge until you make it. It is made by Kraft.

Good luck Claire

Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 13

Thanks Claire!! I have used dream whip before...is it identical to Bettercreme??? I have asked at the costco here and they don't sell any premade icings etc...Bummer..I need an icing Fairy!!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:44pm
post #7 of 13

are you near to sam's?

you can buy cartons of whipped icing from the bakery.

Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:47pm
post #8 of 13

The is no Sam's here in Canada icon_smile.gif

babybelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babybelle Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 11:00pm
post #9 of 13

There are Sam's Clubs all over Canada _ you can buy Bettercreme from them, but again you have to buy it in a huge amount, I think when I called it was a 10kg or 20kg pail.

Kiddiekakes Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 11:02pm
post #10 of 13

Not here in Western Canada.....I wish there was!!

I actually just checked their site and they will be closing all stores down in Canada as of March 1/2009....I was right...the stores they did have were all in Ontario! icon_wink.gif

Laurel

tonimarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonimarie Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 11:04pm
post #11 of 13

I do go into the city once a month to take my kids to the orthodontist, and there is a costco, but I looked through every freezer and couldn't find it.........can you really ask at the bakery and they will sell it??? how do they know how much to charge??

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 11:22pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiara

It is a refrigerated product so shipping to individuals is not cost prohibited.

But what you can do is find out who your local food distributor is. Try Sysco, Sigma etc....they usually have warehouses in various areas and they might have a cash & carry. I know it varies from state to state and I am sure province to province.
Also, if you have a Costco (you do in Alberta) & or please don't strike me down for saying this...a Sams Club tapedshut.gifthumbsdown.gif you can buy it from them in tub form you just have to go to the bakery and ask them for it.

Plus, in Canada you can try using powdered Dream Whip which is sold in most grocery stores on the shelf and you don't need to put it in the fridge until you make it. It is made by Kraft.

Good luck Claire

Why do you not like Sam's Club? Just wondering.........................

sweet_teeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_teeth Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 2:49am
post #13 of 13

Just a heads up.. all Canadian Sam's are being closed.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123568673767887129.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%