Help In Az, Need To Find Fondant Supplier

Decorating By 2yummy Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 9:13pm by __Jamie__

2yummy Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:59pm
post #1 of 10

I just moved from Dallas, TX to little ole Flagstaff, AZ and I don't know where to get fondant. I am looking around. I don't mind driving down to PHX if I can get wholesale prices.

Thanks for any help.
icon_biggrin.gif
Morgan

9 replies
KimAZ Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 9:59pm
post #2 of 10

Hi Morgan,
Welcome to Arizona! The only place other to buy fondant that I'm aware of is ABC Cake Decorating in Phoenix. That's the only cake supply store we have.

They do carry Satin Ice and Fondx. Nothing wholesale though.

KimAZ

SeeChicletRun Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:09pm
post #3 of 10

Hey welcome to Arizona! Im in Kingman. Nice to see some professional decorators in the area!! (Im not one of them icon_lol.gif )

2yummy Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 10

Thanks, I'll have to check out ABC's prices. Otherwise, I guess I will have to order online.

__Jamie__ Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:27pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeChicletRun

.....professional decorators in the area!! (Im not one of them icon_lol.gif )

icon_confused.gif Nice try chiclet....that Cinderella cake in your avatar looks like something I would call professional! icon_lol.gif

SeeChicletRun Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:54pm
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie85364

icon_confused.gif Nice try chiclet....that Cinderella cake in your avatar looks like something I would call professional! icon_lol.gif

Thats very very flattering thank you!! But no, Im not a professional. The Cinderella cake was for my daughter's first birthday. You can see a little of it beside her in this pic just as she was diving into her #1 cake

Sorry its so dark!
She SO demolished her little cake icon_lol.gif my older boys didnt make half the mess with their first cakes as she did.

__Jamie__ Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 7:56pm
post #7 of 10

Cute! My little boy's first birthday is coming up soon, naturally, I am agonizing over what the heck I'm gonna do for his cake! I mean, it has to be spectacular. My mother actually said, "don't go to a lot of trouble..he's just gonna smoosh it!". HA! If there is any cake I will be going to extreme lengths for, it's that one mom!" icon_biggrin.gif

SeeChicletRun Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 8:01pm
post #8 of 10

totally!! With my oldest sons first birthday I was 7 months pregnant icon_eek.gif (no, really.) So we ordered a blues clues cake from Safeway. When we went to pick it up the day before the party it was hideous, no blues clues theme to be had, instead it had some bizaar balloons and crap on it. I was devistated, my mother had to talk me down from staying up all night making a new cake for him.
I still think I should have stayed up...I might have fallen asleep in the icing...but it would have been better than what he got! So since then all my kids have had kick butt cakes. Whatever they wanted they got. (Including 5 crocodiles for my 4 year olds last birthday lol!)

2yummy Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 8:13pm
post #9 of 10

I agree, chiclet, your cakes are very cute! Great job modelling Lady and The Tramp, impressive!!

__Jamie__ Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 9:13pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeChicletRun

totally!! With my oldest sons first birthday I was 7 months pregnant icon_eek.gif (no, really.) So we ordered a blues clues cake from Safeway. When we went to pick it up the day before the party it was hideous, no blues clues theme to be had, instead it had some bizaar balloons and crap on it. I was devistated, my mother had to talk me down from staying up all night making a new cake for him.
I still think I should have stayed up...I might have fallen asleep in the icing...but it would have been better than what he got! So since then all my kids have had kick butt cakes. Whatever they wanted they got. (Including 5 crocodiles for my 4 year olds last birthday lol!)

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%