susanmm23 Posted 17 Aug 2005 , 10:20pm
post #1 of

Ok guys need some help here. My hubbies bday is on the 1st he is really into golf so i want to make him a golf themed cake. I have a candy mold of a golf ball on a tee and a golf bag with clubs. I plan on using the bag with clubs for the "topper" thought about adding a few of the balls as well. but as far as the rest of the cake im lost.

9 replies
MrsMissey Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 12:03am
post #2 of

Did you happen to see the golf bag that "eatcake" did..I believe it was the winner of the Fathers Day Contest! It is the best!!

briansbaker Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 12:42am
post #3 of

There are some real cool golf cakes in the themed cakes gallery.. Check it out! Good Luck!

SweetJanes Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 1:19am
post #4 of

The new yearbook has a really cool multi-tiered fondant covered golf cake. I'm definitely going to give it a try for my golf-loving dh.

jjandascog Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 5:29am
post #5 of

I made a golf cake recently for someone's father and I used the wording "Happy Birdie Dad". He loved it! I used the guitar shaped pan and made a little hill with water on one side and a sandtrap on the other. Plastic golfer, golfball candles, flag on top and two golf clubs crossed leaning against the side of the cake.

susanmm23 Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 12:56pm
post #6 of

thanks for the ideas. Will be sure to post a pic of my finished cake.

SweetCreations Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 1:13pm
post #7 of

Hey Susan,
I have a golf course cake in my photos, it was a 1st for me, but it was a lot of fun. & hubby Adored it =0) I am sure there are lots of pic's on here you could get some really good ideas from.
Good Luck!
~Sweet~ =0)

MariaLovesCakes Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 1:29pm
post #8 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by susanmm23

Ok guys need some help here. My hubbies bday is on the 1st he is really into golf so i want to make him a golf themed cake. I have a candy mold of a golf ball on a tee and a golf bag with clubs. I plan on using the bag with clubs for the "topper" thought about adding a few of the balls as well. but as far as the rest of the cake im lost.

I did a couple of golf cakes....
LL

MariaLovesCakes Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 1:35pm
post #9 of

I did another one, but I can't post it right now...

Check out my photos.... It should be there..

susanmm23 Posted 18 Aug 2005 , 4:42pm

Your cakes are great. thanks for all the help

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%