What Would You Charge For This?

Decorating By patticakesnc Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 4:15pm by 2txmedics

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:44am
post #1 of 5

Ok, thi sis my first attempt at this cake. Thanks to Athena08's cake for inspiration. This is a half chocolate and half vanilla pound cake. Buttercream filling and icing with fondant accents. Butterflies are for decor only. It is about 2 ft long and 1 ft wide at widest point. 2 layers high. Again, I know there are flaws in it but just wondering what some of you would charge for doing a cake like this. My friend wanted just a sheet cake (couldn't afford more) for her daughter with "something Hannah Montana" on it. I decided to suprise her with this but if I get more orders off it I want to price accordingly.

Oh by the way...it is purple with edible glitter, just doesn't show color well in pic.

Thanks!
LL

4 replies
sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 5:03am
post #2 of 5

what size cakes did you start with before shaping?

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 5:09am
post #3 of 5

Like 42 servings give or take a few?
$4 a serving would be $168
So $175 sounds good.
If you go $3--that's pretty low you could do $125 -- no lower that that.

How about $150 icon_biggrin.gif

Geez pound cake--you can get a ton of servings though. $175!

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticakesnc Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 5:17am
post #4 of 5

Sweetcakes it was 18x26 to start with. (2 9x13s put together).

Thanks K8memphis. I only charged her $25 for the cake she wanted but like I said I wanted to do this one, if for no other reason for more practice. I can't make sheetcakes all the time and learn anything lol. I had figured about $60 for it but I guess I really don't know how to price myself do I? I like your figures MUCH better than mine!!!

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:15pm
post #5 of 5

You also have to figure, this is a cake you cant get in a grocery store and a speciality shop would charge you for it....also depends on where you live.

I would also say 125.00. Your time effect, and the work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%