Exact Same Cookie Recipe....

Baking By kjgjam22 Updated 9 Mar 2009 , 1:26am by kjgjam22

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:12pm
post #61 of 77

Oh, my gosh - how cute are those overalls and the taxi??? icon_eek.gif Her talent is endless! What a gift she has!

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:12pm
post #62 of 77

Unbelievable...
...closing mouth now.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:20pm
post #63 of 77

If there was ever a "Cookie Decorator Hall of Fame", Nancy would be it's first inductee! Thanks for the link, kneadacookie. I love re-visiting and seeing her cookie art.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:20pm
post #64 of 77

I have a dirty little secret... I have some of those overalls in the freezer still. Every once in a while I thaw one out and share it with my son! They are so good. We lay waste to 'em!! icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

chilz822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chilz822 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:24pm
post #65 of 77

I can't even wrap my head around the fact that these are handmade cookies!

Melody25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melody25 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 3:33pm
post #66 of 77

Mel... I noticed you said you dont like the meringue powder in the RI, but want an icing that dried firm to stack. Try this one. A friend of mine sent me the recipe so Im not real sure where it came from.

1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon clear vanilla or lemon juice or almond extract
3 teaspoons water
2 1/2 teaspoons light corn syrup (for shine)
food coloring
water or sugar, for consistency

Mix together sugar, flavoring, measured water, corn syrup, and food coloring.
Slowly add enough water to make frosting a spreadable consistency (should be thicker than Elmer's school glue).

If a strong color is desired, decrease water so that the food coloring doesnt make frosting too runny. If you get the frosting too runny, add a little powdered sugar.

Spread on cookies (add sprinkles or other toppings immediately). Allow to dry about 30 min or until no longer sticky. Will set up into a glaze so cookies wont stick together when stacked.

This recipe makes about 1/2 cup of frosting (about enough for one color).

Melvira Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:07pm
post #67 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilz822

I can't even wrap my head around the fact that these are handmade cookies!

I know, right?? My theory is that she is actually a robot with incredibly real human characteristics! Naw, I can't even joke about that, not with her amazing heart. She truly is a sweetheart. I just adore her. We were really excited when Equus came to New York, we were going to go until we saw the price of tickets! WHEW!!!! Maybe not. icon_eek.gif

Melvira Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 4:08pm
post #68 of 77

Melody, thank you for that recipe! I will definitely try it and let you know how it goes. No MP, so that's a plus!!

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 7:27pm
post #69 of 77

wow...i must say those are great cookies. how does she charge for them...must be so expensive. lots of work put in to charge for.

Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 7:47pm
post #70 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

... We were really excited when Equus came to New York, we were going to go until we saw the price of tickets! WHEW!!!! Maybe not. icon_eek.gif

Bad girls!! I know why you were going to see that play! And you were going to leave the rest of us out??!! I still have the picture!!!!! thumbs_up.gif Let's hope they put it out on DVD. But will we have to buy it at one of those scary stores where people in trench coats shop?? I don't own a trench coat!!! icon_cry.gif

Seriously, though. I know you don't want to spread her business, Melvira, and I'm not asking you to. But can you at least tell us she's o.k.? She's such a nice lady, if she's having trouble we'd at least like to know to send her some good thoughts and prayers.

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 7:57pm
post #71 of 77

Those are the most awesome cookies I've ever seen. WOW! She is super talented. Is she on CC?

Melvira Posted 3 Mar 2009 , 8:47pm
post #72 of 77

She hasn't been on since the move. She just misses her 'home', ya know? She was there for a long time, and it's always rough to move away.

And yes, her cookies cost a pretty penny because they are so amazing.

I have to get my son ready for his speech appt, but will pop in later to make sure I answered all q's!!

kjgjam22 Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 1:02am
post #73 of 77

anyone else having this problem...i baked some of the cookie dough that i had. onsies and baby hat. they hold their shape in that you can clearly see what it is. but they spread and round up a bit on the edges. the edges dont stay square. the recipe i used is the one from the flower pot book. any thoughts?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 5:01pm
post #74 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgjam22

anyone else having this problem...i baked some of the cookie dough that i had. onsies and baby hat. they hold their shape in that you can clearly see what it is. but they spread and round up a bit on the edges. the edges dont stay square. the recipe i used is the one from the flower pot book. any thoughts?

Are you making them cold and baking them hot? That helps prevent spreading. Also how much leavening are you using in the recipe? That has a bearing on how much spreading you will have also.

kjgjam22 Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 8:28pm
post #75 of 77

hi bobwonderbums,

i do bake them cold. straight out of the fridge. and the leavening is 1 tsp b powder to the 3 cups flour...i think its 1 tsp...its the recipe from the flower pot cookie book.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 8 Mar 2009 , 9:33pm
post #76 of 77

Ok kjgjam, try this: Change the 1 tsp baking powder in that recipe to 1/2 tsp baking Soda. Sift dry ingredients well and bake as usual. Then let us know how that works! icon_biggrin.gif

kjgjam22 Posted 9 Mar 2009 , 1:26am
post #77 of 77

ok..i will try that if the next recipe i am testing does the same thing. thanks for the info.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%