Stand Mixers

Decorating By sugarprincess Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 5:09pm by skaggs1

sugarprincess Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:11am
post #1 of 8

I would appreciate some good suggestions from all you cake decorators out there. I am so so so tired of making my buttercream icing with a hand held mixer ( have gone through 3 of them so far). So I think I would like to invest in a good quality stand mixer.

I know that alot of you use a kitchen aid stand mixer. I have seen the cuisinart 7qt. stand mixer and I would like to know if anyone has used it and if it is a worthwhile investment.

Thanks so much

7 replies
HoldensNanny Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:20am
post #2 of 8

I could not live without my kitchen aid mixer!!!!!!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

sarahsarah Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:29am
post #3 of 8

I have a kitchenaid Professional HD that I LOVE. It was factory refurbished, ordered on-line for a STEAL. I have had it almost a year and no problems. You can save so much time with a stand mixer because you can do other things while you are mixing... like get your pans ready, get your icing bags ready, etc.

TJCanadian Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:29am
post #4 of 8

hehe (evil grin) I've almost completed burning out my second KA....love it though, couldn't live without it.

rockysmommy Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:35am
post #5 of 8

LOVE... my new 600 Professional Kitchen Aid...it is soooo nice!

islandgirl72 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 5:00am
post #6 of 8

I too would love a stand mixer. I am just a beginner though, making cakes for the family. I find all the different models a little confusing (tilt heads, bowls that lift, all the different watt motors). I wonder what the casual baker really needs?

Looking forward to reading more replies.

cakesbyshell Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:56pm
post #7 of 8

I don't have a kitchenaid but I was recently looking at new stand mixers and I had narrowed my choices down to the 7qt. Cuisinart and a Viking. The guy I talked to at the specialty store in my area said that he would take the Cuisinart over the Viking any day so that's what I'm saving for. I have a Kenmore right now and I like it but I need something bigger to keep from making several individual batches. Just thought I'd throw that info out there. I know everyone loves the kitchenaids!
Happy shopping! icon_biggrin.gif

skaggs1 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 5:09pm
post #8 of 8

I love my KA Pro!! I bought it online at lowe's and got a great deal, they were on sale with an extra 20% off so I paid under $300.00 for it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%