May Be Scheduling My First Wedding Cake

Decorating By MomLittr Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 10:15am by MomLittr

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 1:03am
post #1 of 3

My sister's friend's daughter is getting married (well the church ceremony anyway, they got married quickly before the baby came) this fall; however I found out the reception is at a catering hall. After being on CC for quite sometime I am very suspicious that the hall will not let someone else do the cake, nevermind a home baker. I have the mother checking it out for me next week. She already said the cost of the cake was included in the cost of the reception.

Well, if (that is a big if) I am allowed to bring in the cake, what is my first steps and what kind of timeline do you use for this type of thing?

deb

2 replies
akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:00am
post #2 of 3

I'm a little confused, if the cost of a cake is included in the reception hall, then they won't need one from you?

How to proceed depends entirely on the design of the cake, and how big it will be.

In general, anything you can make ahead such as gumpaste flowers, I would make ahead with enough time to make them again, just in case something goes wrong. If you have to order any supplies, give ample shipping time.

MomLittr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MomLittr Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 10:15am
post #3 of 3

I had done the baby shower cake for them last year and everyone loved it, they wanted me to do the wedding cake also.

deb

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%