Elmo With Strawberries??

Decorating By sunlover00 Updated 27 Feb 2009 , 1:38am by ceshell

sunlover00 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 2

I've got a customer who wants an Elmo cake frosted with whipped frosting and covered in sliced strawberries. She wanted a marshmallow cut in half for the eyes with a pupil of a hershey's kiss. She wanted the nose out of jelly beans and the mouth out of black gel or black licorice.

icon_confused.gif umm ok. Where do I begin? Can anyone help me?

I've never used Rich's Bettercream and don't even know if I can find it. But if I do, won't the berries leak and ooze all over it?

I've already told her that the marshmallow would be too small for the eyes so she has agreed to the whipped topping for that but still wants the pupil as kisses.

How much cake does this elmo pan hold? she is going to drop it off to me as I don't have one.

thanks?!

1 reply
ceshell Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 1:38am
post #2 of 2

Yeah, I don't think you can use Rich's, unless it is going to be served very soon after you finish placing the berries on it. If you use a normal buttercream, it can be a whipped kind (like: the whipped cream buttercream here on CC...it's a PS buttercream, not a whipped cream icing, but it's light).

Melvira works with Bettercreme a LOT - you might want to PM her and ask her to come onto this thread, if she has any suggestions to offer. I have only used it a few times and never to ice a cake, but I've read countless threads about the stuff icon_lol.gif

I don't know about the Elmo pan but Wilton might have that info on their site?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%