Oopps! I Feel Like A Child!

Baking By Twopeasinapod Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 2:27pm by shiney

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 9:15pm
post #1 of 9

I just got a private message from one of the modiators and was told that one of my pictures was a repeat of one in a bouquet picture. I posted them both because you can not always see the cookies up close. She also kindly asked me to post pictures of the cookies in groups and not one at a time. I guess I didn't know there were rules on this. Is there a place I need to go read so I don't post pictures the wrong way again? Has any one else been called out on this?

I actually like it when a picture of a cookie is up close and by itself so I can see the details. I then also like to see the cookies come together in a bouquet and how it all worked out. But... we are not to do that. icon_cry.gif

8 replies
yankeegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yankeegal Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 9:26pm
post #2 of 9

I had that happen to me awhile back. I will put in my notes about the cookies that I am happy to PM anyone with a picture close-up if they like.
Don't fret about it though-there are just so many people posting pics-I guess there has to be some limits. icon_smile.gif

Twopeasinapod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Twopeasinapod Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 9

I PMed Kathy back and asked her about the posting and she recommended to lay all the cookies out that go together in a bouquet and take a picture before assembling them in the bouqet. That way you can see all the cookies that go together and the details. She is correct that in some of the bouquets you really don't see all the cookies very well. I think I may start doing this and then if someone wants to see them assembled in the bouquet they can PM me. I know that I just like to see the details.

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:54pm
post #4 of 9

The same thing happened to me. I uploaded 2 similar (not identical) cookies and realized that one was missing from my pics. I thought for some reason it did not upload, so I uploaded it again. Only to get a message the next day with the same content as yours indicating that my cookies were "identical" and that is why the other was deleted.

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:07am
post #5 of 9

You can make a photo collage so you can get it all in one pic...
http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1255652

I'm sorry, but for the life of me I can't remember the website I used to do that...

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:14am
post #6 of 9

http://www.picnik.com/
It may have been this one...

adunfag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adunfag Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 2:51am
post #7 of 9

Thx Foxymomma.

JenWhitlock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWhitlock Posted 4 Mar 2009 , 12:50pm
post #8 of 9

me too.
I usually don't post 'up-close' shots. but I didn't think that I could see the detail on my Fair (seasons) cookies, so I uploaded them separate too. they were promptedly deleted without warning.

oh well.
ya know, I am sensitive to the space issue. I sometimes go back in and delete some of my lame cakes (I leave my very first cakes up even though they stink, so people can see the change over time icon_rolleyes.gif ) I recently tried to delete some lame ones with few views and I got a message that said that I couldn't because I had more than 5 favorites on that photo icon_confused.gif didn't know about that rule either icon_redface.gif

btw, it's not ideal, but you can make a collage in MS powerpoint and save that slide as a .jpg

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 2:27pm
post #9 of 9

If I have a unique bouquet, I have posted cookies and in the comments I tell that you can see the assembled bouquet on my www. And the www is just a quick click from your profile.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%