Royal Icing Vs. Chocolate Transfer

Decorating By jonahsmom Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 2:05pm by jonahsmom

jonahsmom Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:15pm
post #1 of 7

I'm going to be doing a cake where I want some characters to "stand" on the cake. It will be frosted in buttercream and I'm just wondering which will hold up better with the buttercream. Royal icing transfer or chocolate transfer? Thanks for the help!!!

6 replies
renee2007 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 8:03pm
post #2 of 7

if you look at my pics, the webkins has stand-up royal icing. I think it just depends on which you like to do. the superman one in my pics was done with chocolate, but it's not standing up. hth icon_smile.gif

jonahsmom Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:44am
post #3 of 7

Thanks renee2007...

Just one more quick question...whichever method I choose, should I attach them to popsicle sticks to stick in the cake? Or what is the best method?

Thanks a ton!!!!

renee2007 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:14am
post #4 of 7

yes, I think I used tooth picks but popsicle sticks would work,too. just use royal icing or chocolate to glue the sticks on the back. hth icon_smile.gif

jonahsmom Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 4:20am
post #5 of 7

Thanks a bunch!!!

Your cakes are terrific btw! I'm still in the honeymoon phase of cake decorating. I just can't get enough and can't find enough reasons to decorate a cake! icon_lol.gif

renee2007 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:16pm
post #6 of 7

I just looked at your cakes, and if you're in the honeymoon phase now I can't wait to see your cakes in the next phase!! I think you're doing a great job. you're fbct's are really good. I haven't been able to get that down yet. icon_cry.gif

jonahsmom Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:05pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you for the encouragement! I absolutely love Cake Central. I have learned sooooo much from lurking in the forum section and looking at everybody's great cakes. This is absolutely the best site!!!!! And it is WAY addicting!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%