Help Airbrush Lustre?

Decorating By Ariginal Updated 1 Mar 2009 , 8:09pm by Ariginal

Ariginal Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:03pm
post #1 of 6

Hi ladies and gents.

I was wondering if someone could tell me please what you all use to airbrush with lustre? do you dilute lustre dust with alcohol or can you buy it already done especially for airbrushing? and if so what is it called please as i am trying to get my supplier here in New Zealand to get some for me like she does my normal airbrush colours. I know i have seen you all mention something bout airbrushing with lustre but can find those discussions at the mo.

Any help i would really appreciate? thanks sooo sooo much.

happy decorating!!!

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:10pm
post #2 of 6

Americolor here in Canada and the US just put out new Color Sheens this year.They have several colors but Gold,Silver and Pearl are the most popular.They are already mixed you just put them in your airbrush and start airbrushing.However...seeing you are not in the US these may be hard to get.You can dilute any color lustre dust with any alcohol based liquor like vodka or white rum.make sure it is quite runny as it will clog it if it is too pastey.Also be sure to clean the airbrush out thoroughly after so it won't clog...

2txmedics Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:34pm
post #3 of 6

Does this mean you can use wilton gels, just diluted them with vodka? I read someone here does this, but they havent replied yet back to my post.

Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 6

I wouldn't suggest that you do that because they are made differently than for an airbrush.There are tiny particles in gels that can break away and clog the airbrush nozzle.You should only use airbrush made liquids that are made specifically for an airbrush..People have done it...but if you clog the head...your airbrush can be ruined!

sadsmile Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 6

I believe these might be what you are looking for

J
http://www.jestersparty.com/Page1.html
it's agood site for lots of stuff.
you probably could order from here too but i'm not sure about the shipping
Click shop on line, then fondant source, then cake decorating, then colors and airbrush colors, then viola there are some called Luky

Ariginal Posted 1 Mar 2009 , 8:09pm
post #6 of 6

thanks so much all... ihave put my nz supplier onto it and she is hoping she can bring them in... just alot of checking of ingrediants etc to whether they pass nz standards... i know i know but rules are rules hehe... example being she had a client who wanted to order a PME lustre sray i think it was but when looked into it wasnt allowed here... like the red spray cans you have from wilton we cant have the red i think it is something in it not accepted here.. will keep you posted thanks again for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%