Quick Help With Doll (Wonder Mold)

Decorating By tirby Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 7:47pm by tirby

tirby Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 10

I just made the cake(tried) and meed some help. I baked it but this one is kid scraps now.

So How much batter do I need?
What temp to bake and how long
I have never made this cake so I am clueless on even how to do the doll!?!?
ANY help would be great.
It will (hopefully) end up being a 6 yr olds "Pink Princess Cake"

Seriously ANY tips ideas anything I'll take them all!

Thanks

9 replies
pastryjen Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:19pm
post #2 of 10

http://www.wilton.com/downloads/paninstructions/2105-565WonderMold.pdf

Here are the wilton instructions. I usually bake mine longer and at a lower temp.

I use mix, box of pudding, 4 eggs, 1 c water, 1/3 c oil.

HTH

Edited to fix spelling!

tirby Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 10

thank you thank you!!

pattakakes Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:35pm
post #4 of 10

Good afternoon,
Just found your post and boy did that bring back memories..some
33 years ago. I always use scratch cake batter and found it so much
better to work with. The cake had more firmness and works well.
It takes 6cups of batter and I always bake cakes at 325 degrees, takes only alittle longer baking time. Are you using the stem which should have come with the pan? It is a conductor of heat and helps to bake
the cake so it is completely bakes and not uncooked in the center.
You need to grease and flour it as well. The baking spray works great
also. Remove the stem(a.k.a. as heating core) shortly after you remove
cake from oven using a gently twist. Have made many doll cakes and
it is really easy. You will impress your birthday girl...any question please feel free top contact me.
Happy decorating,
Pat

pattakakes Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 10

Good afternoon,
Just found your post and boy did that bring back memories..some
33 years ago. I always use scratch cake batter and found it so much
better to work with. The cake had more firmness and works well.
It takes 6cups of batter and I always bake cakes at 325 degrees, takes only alittle longer baking time. Are you using the stem which should have come with the pan? It is a conductor of heat and helps to bake
the cake so it is completely bakes and not uncooked in the center.
You need to grease and flour it as well. The baking spray works great
also. Remove the stem(a.k.a. as heating core) shortly after you remove
cake from oven using a gently twist. Have made many doll cakes and
it is really easy. You will impress your birthday girl...any question please feel free top contact me.
Happy decorating,
Pat

Kiddiekakes Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 10

I have made many doll cakes also....As per the other 2 posters the baking instructions are the same.I like to use a full size Barbie doll and have her completely undressed.I cover her legs and waist in saran wrap.I dig a small amount of cake out first in the middel and then push her down.The only thing I find is sometimes a regular Barbie doll is quite tall and she ends up being too tall for the skirt so I bake a 8 inch round and usually stack that underneath the wondermold to create another 2 inch cake...then the doll fits perfectly and the skirt looks proportional.

AfordRN Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:56pm
post #7 of 10

I just made one last week, look in my photos. I used a doctored cake mix and spray the pan and core with Pam with flour. You have to cook it extra long, the sides will be pulling away before its done. If your using a real Barbie, make a 8" round for under the mold so it have enough height for the Barbie. If you have any more questions, just send me a PM!! Have fun.

taygetta Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:13pm
post #8 of 10

One thing to think about too, if you are using a barbie type doll, is to look for one that has a top already 'painted' on. That is if you don't want to decorate her torso as well. The Barbie fairies have clothes imprinted in the plastic and look nice. It makes it a little less for you to have to worry about! Hope that helps!

tirby Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:44pm
post #9 of 10

thank you all so much.. I am getting excited now! I will be using the rod for the inside. The grandma of the girl will be getting me the barbie or doll...
Oh I can't wait. She should be by with the doll today!!!
Thanks again you are all great. AND I looked at the dolls in your galleries.....OH the wheels are turning now!!!

tirby Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:47pm
post #10 of 10

thank you all so much.. I am getting excited now! I will be using the rod for the inside. The grandma of the girl will be getting me the barbie or doll...
Oh I can't wait. She should be by with the doll today!!!
Thanks again you are all great. AND I looked at the dolls in your galleries.....OH the wheels are turning now!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%