How To Do Buttercream Flowers Like R. Winbeckler

Decorating By chrissypie Updated 5 Mar 2009 , 8:02pm by icer101

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 5

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had success re-creating buttercream flowers in the style of Roland Winbeckler I purchased his book on Buttercream flowers and it all looks so amazing. I have to admit, I have not tried these techniques, it seems difficult and overwhelming ( I am a newbie). Has anybody tried to replicate these and do you have any tips for success?

Thanks!
Christine

4 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 5:29pm
post #2 of 5

Ooohhhhh yes - I love doing work like thaticon_smile.gif It really isn't hard once you practice a bit. I never did roses like his but most of the other stuff isn't very hard. Read thru it - several times - then prop the book in front of u and go for iticon_smile.gif

2txmedics Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2txmedics Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:41pm
post #3 of 5

I havent seen his books on flowers, but I did just now get his books on piping figures with b/c and molding...I also was afraid and found it very hard to do roses...it takes PRACTICE...PRACTICE...the good thing is you can scrap up the b/c and start over and over.

go to you tube and type in how to make butter cream roses...you can see it first hand. Im a visual person. it helped me alot.

good luck.

chrissypie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chrissypie Posted 28 Feb 2009 , 4:16am
post #4 of 5

Thank you! I know, I really need to practice more often! I don't really get the opportunity to do cakes other than for my kids.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 5 Mar 2009 , 8:02pm
post #5 of 5

i do have his book on buttercream flowers. i do have success when i do them.. i also have linda reeses cd on her buttercream flowers and background..love that too.. also gail hyatt from south carolina.. she is great.. took her class several years ago.. just keep parcticing..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%