Why Can't All Customers Be Like This?

Business By cakelady15 Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 8:38pm by Monkess

cakelady15 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:33pm
post #1 of 5

I run a legal home based cake shop and I had a consultation with a couple last night. They called me last week and said they were getting married next month which is pretty short notice, but they wanted to know if they could stop in. I am appointment only since I run it out of my house so I set up something with them last night. They told me they were on a pretty tight budget and in the mean time they were going to go to the local grocery store and look at what they had. I assumed they would end up getting a grocery store cake, but they showed up for our appointment last night and booked with me and paid in full on the spot. They said they didn't have much in their budget for a cake, but they would rather give it to me since this is my livelihood than give it to the big chain grocery store. icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
cylstrial Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:34pm
post #2 of 5

That's really sweet! And they paid in full! How nice for you!!

just_for_fun Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 5

And what makes me think that this bride will be delighted with what you create for her, and not complain and demand a refund?? Hmmmm....

exact opposite of a pita

cakesdivine Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:31pm
post #4 of 5

Congrats! It is customers like that, that make it all worthwhile!

Monkess Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 8:38pm
post #5 of 5

They make it worthwhile dont they?! Thats usually my policy when giving business too, just yesterday we switched making our copies and restaurant printing at the biz depot to a small store further down, they were so happy to get our biz and appreciated so much the fact that I would have to drive more to get to them rather then the more convenient biz depot...I guess being a small biz owner we have to realize the importance of supporting our community and fellow biz owners.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%