Can You Have Too Much Choice? Lol, Please Help Me Decide

Decorating By Sparklycake Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 8:59pm by kakeladi

Sparklycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklycake Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:16pm
post #1 of 3

My Mother In Law is 70 at the beginning of April and I have to make a cake for her. Normally I look for people's hobbies and interests and figure out a cake around that... but Vera is into so many things I don't know what to do.

My cake will probaly be a 10" Round and it will be fondant covered. But she loves flowers and makes beautiful arrangements, she knits, she makes her own clothes, she paints beautiful paintings, she does acqua fit classes, she's a wife, a Mother and a Grandmother. She loves to travel and visits California at least once a year (a son living there), she lives for Co. Clare and has a Mobile Home there where she spends her summers. She teaches Evening Art Classes, does craft classes with the Wheelchair Assoc and is a member of the Women's Institute..... Phew I'm exhausted just writing about it.

She also made and decorated with the most beautiful royal icing techniques her four boys wedding cakes and a few others besides. She can do everything basically.

Now where do you start????

2 replies
brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 5:34pm
post #2 of 3

id be tempted to stick with the flowers! a basketweaved basket with flowers? or a bunch of gumpaste/ bc flowers. daisies up the side?
or make a 3d mobile home or a model. with the family around?
a craft station modeled on top ot the cake, like a desk with a half done dress, and a basket of knitting? and her?
or do the cake like a ball of wool?
theres a lot of cool pool cakes though! like blue with people and foam shapes jumping out the top.

definatly sounds like too much choice, but im sure she will love it in the end!
xx

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 3

Ooohhhhh my! That *is* a lot of choices icon_smile.gif
I'd be tempted to stick w/a basket of flowers. To me that would be the easy way out LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%