Rasberry Cake With Mix??? Help

Decorating By korkyo Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 6:37pm by allie73

korkyo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korkyo Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:54am
post #1 of 8

I'm looking for a rasberry cake made from a mix. I've checked all the cake mix Dr. books and tried a couple batches by aadding a fruit filling but nothing is working.

Anyone have a recpie to share?

7 replies
GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:18pm
post #2 of 8

Start with a DH white cake mix and add anything raspberry you can find replacing the water, sourcream and flavorings. Jello, Yogurt, coffee syrup, etc. Try the WASC with the raspberry flavors. If they make a concentrated raspberry drink that would work well for the liquid or maybe melted sherbert like the creamsicle recipe.

korkyo Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:15pm
post #3 of 8

Here is one I found.

1pkg white mix
1 pkg ras jello mix
4 eggs
1 1/4 ras yogert
1/3 cup oil

Mix all and bake.....

I just tried this one but after it was done I realized my oven was on 335.

It came out a bit too dense. if I had the oven at 350 would it have been fine? The flavor is not bad.

Any more suggestions.

GrandmaG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrandmaG Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 8

The oven temperature shouldn't have affected the density. How long did you mix it? Should have been mixed on med. for at least 2 minutes.

korkyo Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:01pm
post #5 of 8

it said to mix it for only two min. and I think I did about 4-5 min.
maybe I over mixed it?

I've got a couple other things to try today. icon_lol.gif We'll see how they go.

stlcakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stlcakelady Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 8

Raspberry flavored Kool-Aid packet with white cake mix.

cupcakeco Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakeco Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:28pm
post #7 of 8

I haven't got a recipe for a raspberry-flavored cake, but I do have a doctored mix recipe for a white cake with raspberry swirl:

Box White Cake (I prefer DH)
Eggs, oil, water as per box instructions
Extra egg
Box of vanilla pudding

Jar raspberry preserves, seedless

Mix all well as if it were a box mix regular.
Swirl in seedless raspberry preserves, and bake.

The extra egg and pudding is what makes the cake dense enough to support the swirl, without them the swirl would sink to the bottom..yuck.

But I just [edit] recalled [edit] that off of the top of my head---if anyone spots an error, feel free to correct me!

allie73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allie73 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:37pm
post #8 of 8

I just got the most delicious recipe from natskys, and I hope she doesn't mind that I share it with you. I made it for a Mardi Gras cake yesterday and everyone RAVED about it . It is truly delicious.

Rasberry cake

1 box of Duncan Hines White cake mix
1 package of instant vanilla pudding
1 package of rasberry jell-o mix
4 eggs
1 cup of homogenized milk
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of rasberry puree (I cook frozen rasberries with a bit of brown sugar until it renders down thick)

Mix everything together, beat until smooth. Pour into greased and floured cake pan. Bake at 325 F for about 40 minutes..or until done.

She suggested layering this between layers of chocolate cake w/ Swiss buttercream filling, which I did, but the cake was absolutey delicious on its own. I ate a piece without frosting or anything and mmmmm!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%