Bc Sweating?

Decorating By mclaren Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 12:34am by indydebi

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:22am
post #1 of 4

hello all,

ok, i made FBCT last mth, and after i've done the transfer, i piped some borders around the cake. the FBCT sweat like nobody's business while the cake was out of the fridge.

then today, i iced a cake with two toned BC. since i used parchment to cover part of the cake, i shoved it into the freezer for like an hour, so that i can safely peel off the parchment without damaging the frosting.

so, again, once the cake sat for a few minutes out in RT, beads of 'perspiration' could be seen.

i'm guessing it's the condensation due to the temp difference.

my question is, how do i avoid this?

TQVM.

3 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:51pm
post #2 of 4

Yes, it's the temp diff. you can't argue with the laws of physics! icon_biggrin.gif

to avoid: Don't refrigerate your cakes (I never do). If you have to refrigerate, allow yourself enough time for the condensations to evaporate. Don't touch the icing while it's wet ..... allow it to dry.

mclaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mclaren Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:20am
post #3 of 4

thanks deb...

but my FBCT character sweat a lot.. does that mean, i need to just wait and wait (being patient) until all of the sweat evaporates? i mean, they (the sweat) really would go?

i had the cake out in RT for more than 15mins, (i'm guessing not more than 30mins, can't recall, really) and it was pooling sweat.

the cake yesterday which i did the two tone BD, was out in RT for an hour.. i had to wipe the liquid which was trickling down the sides of the cake.

BTW, how do you not refrig / freeze your cake when you are doing FBCT? is that possible?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:34am
post #4 of 4

I never put the cake in the refrigerator. The FBCT goes into the freezer (for at least 12 hours or more), then it's just flipped over onto the room temp, well-crusted, iced cake. As the FBCT starts to 'melt', it settles onto the cake. But once the FBCT is on the cake, it doesnt' have to be kept cold. It goes in the freezer to set it .... not to prevent spoilage or anything.

I've never had my FBCT's sweat anywhere near what you're describing. I can only guess that it's because I dont' get my cakes cold.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%