Grass Tip?

Decorating By volleyball47 Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 4:46am by volleyball47

volleyball47 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:57am
post #1 of 4

i am planning on doing a baseball themed cake for my little brothers 10th birthday and wanted to use the grass tip. Does anyone have any tips they can share on using the grass tip (what consistency icing...etc?) thanks soo much!!

3 replies
sarah0418 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:04am
post #2 of 4

I've used that tip a handful of times. It's really easy. My whole cookie monster was iced using that tip....(time consuming, but well worth the effort). Medium consistancy works well. Just keep squeezing the bag as you pull up. I practiced a few times on a piece of wax paper. Very easy. Have fun!

vickymacd Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:06am
post #3 of 4

I've used it alot. Your frosting can't be too thick as the tip has several small holes and it will clog. Can't be too thin as you won't get the grass effect. You'll know the right consistency. Make sure you touch the base and then go straight up unless you want a fallen look a bit as with grass.
Rest your hand up as this takes a very long time to do this effect. But it's fun and worth it in the end. I have pics in my gallery of a football with it and I think Cookie Monster.

volleyball47 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:46am
post #4 of 4

thank you so much this really helps!

Quote by @%username% on %date%