Pme 5 Petal Cutters

Decorating By LovesPekes Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 6:40pm by Ballymena

LovesPekes Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:57am
post #1 of 6

I'm trying to decide on a set of 5 petals cutters that I'd like to purchase partly to make fondant roses with and also to be able to use as a cookie cutter since I think these cutters make great retro looking flowers.

The PME 5 petal cutters range in size from 1 1/4 in to 2 in. Is this the diameter of the cutter or the length of each petal? 2 inches sounded small for a cutter so I'm hoping the overall diameter is 4 inches.

I'd love to hear from any that have these cutters so I can know for sure what size diameter these cutters really are.

Thanks in advance,
Kim C

5 replies
Ballymena Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:34am
post #2 of 6

It's the diameter, I can't see anyone making a flower with a 4" diameter cutter, that would have to be a cookie cutter.

CakeDiva73 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:43am
post #3 of 6

I actually have these cutters and the large one does make a lovely cookie cutter but comes in handy when making those gynormous cabbage roses too...... not an everyday rose but definitely easier with the big ones.

I have the approx. 1 3/4ish, 2 1/4", 3" and 4" cutters. they are very nice and again, very unique cookie cutters when the mood strikes. I was just playing with mine earlier and they have the peaked edges (at least mine do)......Oh, Just thought of something.....are the ones you are looking at open-top, cream colored or the pink closed ones?

I like the open top ones and have the pink closed top, which work fine for flowers but will not be too much help with cookie dough.... hmmm.

LovesPekes Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:47pm
post #4 of 6

I'm looking at the cream colored ones like in the photo below. I'm new to making roses with fondant so I wasn't sure what to expect with these cutters since I've seen a couple of other 5 petal cutters that go up to 4 inches.

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:42pm
post #5 of 6

I got a set of ateco cookie cutters it's the same look but it goes from really small to really big. I haven't used it yet though.

Ballymena Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 6:40pm
post #6 of 6

I stand to be corrected, thanks for the info, I have never seen these but now I will look for them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%