Rolled Buttercream

Baking By apetricek Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 11:49pm by Kim040508

apetricek Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:19am
post #1 of 5

Hey there are you cookie people...I am in desperate need of a rolled buttercream recipe. I emailed Michele25, since I used hers last year. I hope to hear back from her. I LOVED her recipe, but can't find my copy icon_cry.gif Anyone have a good recipe for this...? WOuld love to have you share it with me! Thanks for your time! AMY

4 replies
rockysmommy Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:28am
post #2 of 5

I used this recipe on this...everything is rolled butter cream...tree and animals...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1319711

I love it.

Rolled Butter Cream

* 1 cup light corn syrup
* 1 cup shortening
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon clear vanilla extract
* 2 pounds confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS

1. In a large bowl, stir together the shortening and corn syrup. Mix in the salt and vanilla flavoring, then gradually mix in the confectioners' sugar until it is a stiff dough. If you are using a stand mixer, use the dough hook attachment. Otherwise, knead by hand. If the dough is sticky, knead in more confectioners' sugar until it is smooth. Store in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
2. To use, roll out on a clean surface that has been dusted with confectioners' sugar until it is 1/8 inch thick or thinner if you can. Drape over frosted and chilled cakes and smooth the sides down, or cut into strips to make bows and other decorations.

Kim040508 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:39am
post #3 of 5

I have never heard of this, But I'll give it a try sometime. Is the buttercream as plyable as fondant?

rockysmommy Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:47am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim040508

I have never heard of this, But I'll give it a try sometime. Is the buttercream as plyable as fondant?

It has worked for me...you can add as much p-sugar as needed for the texture that you need...I covered my carved cake with it...and made the little animals with it...My family does not like the taste of fondant...but they love this...

Kim040508 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:49pm
post #5 of 5

I have a MMF recipe that I use and my family really likes it. Sometimes it's just nice to try new things. Thank you for posting the recipe that you use.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%