Cake For "tree Hugger"

Decorating By emmiepeterson Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 7:10am by red0027

emmiepeterson Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:10am
post #1 of 12

I'm looking for ideas for a 15 yr old girls birthday cake.Her interest are recycling and earth friendly awareness.
Help!

I'm drawing a blank on this one.

11 replies
Melvira Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:16am
post #2 of 12

Well, if you're any good at modeling, what about a tree and a little girl hugging it as a topper? You can make the cake itself the ground, and even put a recycle symbol on the side. Or if you don't do models, you could cut them out of flat fondant and put them on top of the cake in a more 2D approach. OR... depending on how much cake you need, you could do a ball cake and make it look like the earth with a big recycle symbol on the side.

lchristi27 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:21am
post #3 of 12

Hee hee! I loved the title of this, I call my husband that all the time as he digs our recycling out of the garbage.

I like Melvera's idea. A globe would be cool too, done in a ball pan?

Melvira Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:23am
post #4 of 12

You could also combine the two ideas and have the girl and her tree on top of the globe! thumbs_up.gif

emmiepeterson Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:35am
post #5 of 12

Awesome ideas!Thank you.

I've never modeled,but I have 3 weeks,so I may try it before hand and see how I do.

nannie Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:46am
post #6 of 12

be sure and post a pic when you're done.

I'd love to see how it comes out

rockysmommy Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:59am
post #7 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

You could also combine the two ideas and have the girl and her tree on top of the globe! thumbs_up.gif

How adorable!!! icon_smile.gif

Rocketgirl899 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:09am
post #8 of 12

I like melvira's suggustion! much better than mine...

tho is it bad my first reaction to the thread title was to make a tree stump?!

icon_sad.gif lol.

rockysmommy Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:16am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketgirl899

I like melvira's suggustion! much better than mine...

tho is it bad my first reaction to the thread title was to make a tree stump?!

icon_sad.gif lol.

LOL!!!! icon_lol.gif Noooo....

cakedoll Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:29am
post #10 of 12

I'm supposed to be doing one for a friend who is deep into environmental issues here. What I was going to do is a base cake (decorated how I don't know yet...lol) But for a topper of some type, I was going to model the tree with a child hugging it, with an inscription reading....."Don't just hug a tree, plant one."

Luckily this isn't due for a while...the only thing I've gotten down is the topper and the inscription, but it might add to your ideas.

emmiepeterson Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 1:13am
post #11 of 12

All great ideas!I want to incorporate the recycle symbol in there somewhere.lol

red0027 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 7:10am
post #12 of 12

You can put the recycle symbol on the back of the girl's tshirt...if she's going to be hugging the tree. I found this t-shirt that you could mimic w/this symbol on it. Egreent dot com and then go to tshirts for women
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%