Spokane Washington

Decorating By hoopb2 Updated 29 Jan 2010 , 6:02pm by tirby

hoopb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoopb2 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 11:38pm
post #1 of 12

Are there any good cake supply stores, organizations, cake decorating schools ect....in the Spokane, Washington area??? birthday.gif

11 replies
hoopb2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoopb2 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 12

If I find any i will post later.

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 28 Jan 2010 , 11:03pm
post #3 of 12

So did you find any??

Rylan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rylan Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:15am
post #4 of 12

I used to purchase from Cooksdream.com (Ultimate Baker). Call Doug and ask if you can order online and pick up supplies.

V-dizzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
V-dizzy Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:59am
post #5 of 12

Just in December I purchased from cooks dream/ultimate baker. Call the number on the website and set up a time to go by. It is in a warehouse sort of house thing, and there are no prices listed, as the people who work there put together orders and ship them out, so check the website for prices first, as they are the same. ( I would have purchased much less if i knew the prices of everything first!) The location is right by the costco/home depot/lowe's on sprague I think it is? That could be wrong - but it's by the costco on the south side, not the one on the north. Hope this helps!

tirby Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 1:58pm
post #6 of 12

thank you all so much. It has just been a crazy week. My MIL is on her last day or two and we are trying to gather the family. and it was just overwhelming to even begin to look. So I figured you would all help. Thank You Thank You

GI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GI Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:06pm
post #7 of 12

I purchased from cooksdream before a few times and their prices are very reasonable. Shipping is not inflated, either. They are super nice people to work with, very customer friendly. I highly recommend their service.

HTH! icon_biggrin.gif

tirby Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:10pm
post #8 of 12

Curious are they an "Open to Public" place like URM? I am a small buisness so no worries on it just curious.
One place I wanted to order from was wanting a credit application and run a check and everything. I explained that I am a cash only buisness( or debit card) and they wouldn't sell me anything. I guess they want it for Bigger buisness that just have order pickups and pay monthly....

tirby Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 2:27pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GI

I purchased from cooksdream before a few times and their prices are very reasonable. Shipping is not inflated, either. They are super nice people to work with, very customer friendly. I highly recommend their service.

HTH! icon_biggrin.gif

Do you know if they have Hi-Ratio?? I cant find it on the website. But I do love the products they have. I am sure I can get some things from them. Nice and fairly local for us!!

V-dizzy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
V-dizzy Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:22pm
post #10 of 12

I paid with a debit card and it was fine... If you call and ask if they have hi-ratio shortening they will let you know...although if it's not on their website they probably don't. icon_sad.gif Never hurts to ask though!! Good luck!

tirby Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 4:34pm
post #11 of 12

Thanks they also say they special order so cross your fingers!! Any one ever try the Spokane Bakery Supply?? it is on South Ben Franklin Lane??
They carry it but I emailed and will call tonight if I have not recieved an answer?

Do any of you buy Hi-Ratio in Spokane??? If you do where?? and how much??

tirby Posted 29 Jan 2010 , 6:02pm
post #12 of 12

OK Carolyns carries it in 3lbs and larger the Dawn brand ( who knows what this is and is it good??). They will be letting me know the price of the larger and if there is a pre order period like 48 hours or something.
Also The Cooks Dream can get it. It is not on the site but they will add it!!!!
They have a 48 hour pe order time to get it. I told them you all had said they were very nice and they appreciated it!
Cost is $74 for 50 lbs...they will be getting back to me on the brand... any one know if they are open on Saturday??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%