Urgent Help Needed!!!

Decorating By colabear71 Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 3:02am by Karema

colabear71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colabear71 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a full layer german chocolate cake. I am baking 2 thinner layers so that I can put filling in between the layers.

My problem is that my cake keeps sticking to the pan, ruining the cake. I am spraying the pans with Baker's joy spray, using bake even strips, and letting the cake cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes before taking it out.

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible that there is a problem with the pan?? It is a brand new pan! My cake is due to in a couple hours, so unfortunately i am going to have to piece together two layers to make one. Hopefully the icing will cover it and it won't be too noticeable.

Help me if you have any suggestions.

Kim

4 replies
colabear71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colabear71 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:50am
post #2 of 5

Well...I'm done with the cake, so it is too late for any help with this cake....however, hopefully someone will know the answer to this question.

Is it possible for a new cake pan to be defective? I used a brand new sheet pan and all three attempts stuck..in the corners.

Anyone??? icon_sad.gif

Toptier Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toptier Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:38am
post #3 of 5

I think you're leaving the cakes in the pan too long. I take mine out of the oven and let them sit for just a couple of minutes before flipping them out. I have definitely had this problem when I left them in the pan too long.

Also - if you're using a sheet pan you should line that with parchment paper.

Sorry for your troubles...

mandygirlxoxo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mandygirlxoxo Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:41am
post #4 of 5

You can probably tap the bottom of the pan after you flip it onto the cooling rack. that usually helps. i agree i think you are leaving it in the pan too long. sorry we couldnt help in time.

Karema Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karema Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:02am
post #5 of 5

I make German's Chocolate cake all the time and I use Cake release all over the pan then I put a piece of parchement paper in the bottom then I take it out of the oven soon as it is done you can't over cook that cake or it will taste burnt and stick. Then let it cool for about 5 minutes then flip. GL next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%