Urgent Help Needed!!!

Decorating By colabear71 Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 3:02am by Karema

colabear71 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 5

I am making a full layer german chocolate cake. I am baking 2 thinner layers so that I can put filling in between the layers.

My problem is that my cake keeps sticking to the pan, ruining the cake. I am spraying the pans with Baker's joy spray, using bake even strips, and letting the cake cool in the pan for 10 to 15 minutes before taking it out.

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible that there is a problem with the pan?? It is a brand new pan! My cake is due to in a couple hours, so unfortunately i am going to have to piece together two layers to make one. Hopefully the icing will cover it and it won't be too noticeable.

Help me if you have any suggestions.

4 replies
colabear71 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:50am
post #2 of 5

Well...I'm done with the cake, so it is too late for any help with this cake....however, hopefully someone will know the answer to this question.

Is it possible for a new cake pan to be defective? I used a brand new sheet pan and all three attempts stuck..in the corners.

Anyone??? icon_sad.gif

Toptier Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:38am
post #3 of 5

I think you're leaving the cakes in the pan too long. I take mine out of the oven and let them sit for just a couple of minutes before flipping them out. I have definitely had this problem when I left them in the pan too long.

Also - if you're using a sheet pan you should line that with parchment paper.

Sorry for your troubles...

mandygirlxoxo Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:41am
post #4 of 5

You can probably tap the bottom of the pan after you flip it onto the cooling rack. that usually helps. i agree i think you are leaving it in the pan too long. sorry we couldnt help in time.

Karema Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 3:02am
post #5 of 5

I make German's Chocolate cake all the time and I use Cake release all over the pan then I put a piece of parchement paper in the bottom then I take it out of the oven soon as it is done you can't over cook that cake or it will taste burnt and stick. Then let it cool for about 5 minutes then flip. GL next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%