"b" Cookie Cutter

Baking By adawndria Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 2:35pm by Cookie45

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:00pm
post #1 of 5

I'm looking for a small "B" cookie cutter. I want to use it to cut candy clay and place the Bs (like a monogram) on cupcakes. Any online resources for mini-alphabet cutters?

4 replies
Honeydukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeydukes Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 5

I found some here. Do a search for alphabet and they'll come up.
http://countrykitchensa.com/Index.aspx

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:52pm
post #3 of 5

Out of curiosity, how do you make your clay? The last time i tried to make it was with 1lb of chocolate and 1/3 cup of corn syrup and all i got was a sticky mess that i could not get out of the ziploc for the life of me. Is there a different trick to this?

adawndria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adawndria Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 12:52am
post #4 of 5

Thanks Honeydukes!

Luv2Bake, I've made candy clay a grand total of one time! LOL I used the Wilton recipe and it turned out for me. It looks like that may be the same recipe you used? Did you use the Wilton candy melts or just chocolate? Maybe the candy melts are the key?

Cookie45 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie45 Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:35pm
post #5 of 5

My recipe calls for 14 oz of candy melts and 1/3 cup of corn syrup or glucose. Heat the candy until melted and add the glucose. One thing I do differently is knead the candy over a paper towel lined tray to remove much of the oil. It's amazing how much you can squeeze out. I just pull it and squeeze, repeating this until the oil just runs out.

Then I put it in a plastic bag and leave at room temp. It will harden over night. Kneading a small amount at at time will soften it up or you can microwave it for a few seconds to soften.

I think it's a more stable clay done this way. Hope this helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%