Another Price Question, Please

Decorating By cakedivamommy Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 1:37am by cylstrial

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 8:16pm
post #1 of 7

A customer wants a cake like the one below. How much would you charge for it? Thank you!
LL

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 9:32pm
post #2 of 7

I would leave off the logo or contact the Steelers and see if I could get permission -or have the customer request permission.

But I would charge somewhere in the neighborhood of $4 to $5 a serving minumum charge of $125.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:24pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8memphis

I would leave off the logo or contact the Steelers and see if I could get permission -or have the customer request permission.

Hey K8memphis!! I just have a quick question for you. She can use the word "Steelers"? It's just the logo that she can't use?

The reason I'm asking is I'm making a cake with a name like the "Steelers" on it...but I'm not using the same logo or same font or anything. And I've been worried about it.

Thanks for your help!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 7

Yes I agree with you.
I think using the word is fine--especially without the font.

: )

cylstrial Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:22pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks K8memphis! I appreciate the help!

And sorry Lrorberts74 for hi-jacking your thread. I hope the clarification helped you as well. Can't wait to see a picture of your cake!

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 2:55am
post #6 of 7

Thank you so much guys! That actually is my cake. I made it for my bf hubby's birthday but did NOT charge so there was no problem with the logo (I dont think, since I didnt charge).

An actual customer wanted a football cake like that but actually no logo.

cylstrial Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:37am
post #7 of 7

Gotcha!! Your cake looked great!! I bet that style of cake will be a big hit for you during football season!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%