Legal Businesses--Need Your Support!

Business By Jodiedew Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 8:15pm by Jodiedew

Jodiedew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jodiedew Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 4

Hi! I have an unusual request. On Tuesday, March 3, the state of Maryland is having a hearing on legalizing home kitchens. I am testifying at the hearing (as are other cakecentral members), and I just got an email from my Delegate's office asking for more information to hand out to the committee. One thing she asked for was "stories in magazines about home bakers, letters of support perhaps from others in the State or from neighboring states that know first hand the benefits of this bill."

So, for those of you who have legal home businesses, or perhaps were a legal home business and now are a commercial business--would you be interested in writing in this forum a letter of support? Tell the Maryland delegates the benefits of being legal! I so appreciate any help you can provide! I'll print out the letters and give them to my delegate. Thank you thank you!!!

3 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:45pm
post #2 of 4

I wish I could help, but I'm not up and running as a home business or as a commercial business. I do want to have a home based business one day (in a state that allows it). It sounds like a GREAT cause!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:36pm
post #3 of 4

I pm'd you before, would you like me to write something else? I'll have to do it over the weekend, but I'll do it!

Jodiedew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jodiedew Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 8:15pm
post #4 of 4

Hi costumeczar! I'd love if you wanted to write a letter. I am using some of the information you sent to me earlier in my testimony, and my delegate loves it. Anything you cold do would be a great help. Thank you so much!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%