60 Cakes In 6 Hours!

Decorating By Cakenicing4u Updated 26 Feb 2009 , 1:39am by sugarcheryl

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 6:42pm
post #1 of 7

One more reason not to work in a grocery store! I was in this morning for 4 hours to stand outside in 17' weather with a wind chill factor of five degrees to sell donuts curbside for PA'S donut day tradition, already sick with a cold!

I got home only to get a phone call that the decorated had to leave because her son got sent home from school sick and the other decorator is home with the flu- so here I am- and the case needs 60+ cakes to be presentable.

1 of a million reasons I despise this job. Achoo.

6 replies
Monkess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monkess Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 7

wow. Bless you. Think of all the practise you are getting!!! Soak those legs and curl up and rest nowicon_smile.gif

Cakenicing4u Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 8:43pm
post #3 of 7

25 down 35 to go and 100 lb icing on the mixer

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 7

wow...you should be on a Food Network challenge. icon_biggrin.gif Is there a Guinness record for decorating cakes?

Cakenicing4u Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 7

LOL 12 years of practice! Well I got 46 done now and I have to do two orders And clean up. I'm pooped!

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 7:17am
post #6 of 7

Yep, one of the main reasons I left the grocery store bakery. Decorating at that breakneck pace caused me to develope carpel tunnel! I do love taking my time, but if needed I can always jump into grocery store mode to pop out a cake in record time icon_smile.gif

sugarcheryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarcheryl Posted 26 Feb 2009 , 1:39am
post #7 of 7

I feel you!!! Yep like cakedivine I to left for the same reason and now my hand has not hurt since I left. No regrets leaving.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%