Wrinkled Cookies

Baking By toleshed Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 11:50pm by indydebi

toleshed Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 8

I use NFSC. What makes them come out of the oven all wrinkly looking?

7 replies
kickasscakes Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 3:15pm
post #2 of 8

I am not sure on the reason, but I know the last time I made cut outs, the first batch came out like that, and after that they were fine... I thought maybe I did not bake them quite long enough. The rest were not overcooked, but maybe that half a minute or so longer smoothed them out? Anyone else have ideas why?

toleshed Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 3:28pm
post #3 of 8

I went longer with the 2nd batch but they came out the same.

kickasscakes Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 3:45pm
post #4 of 8

weird! I know my first batch was shriveled looking but the rest, perfect.
I did try to decorate them with RI and fondant, but the edges you could still tell were 'funny', so I did not use them.

It should be interesting to see if anyone replies with the answer!

Twopeasinapod Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 5:35pm
post #5 of 8

I had this happen one day and I finally came to the conclusin it was because of the humidity. I was running my dryer at the same time and it makes it very humid in my house. The next time I was sure not to do that and they were fine.

poppybeds Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 8

If your oven isn't heated all the way, it will affect the way your cookies bake, by cooking the edges and not the inside, leaving a wrinkled top. Usually when the second batch goes in, the oven is at the correct temperature, and that's why subsequent batches come out better.

luv2bake6 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 11:19pm
post #7 of 8

I find this dough to be very dry and it is wrinkly when i try to roll it out as well so for me it's not about the baking.

indydebi Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 11:50pm
post #8 of 8

I ice mine on the backside so wrinkles wouldn't really be an issue. The backside is always flat and smooth! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%