I Stuck To My Pricing!!

Decorating By sugarspice Updated 24 Feb 2009 , 6:24pm by chutzpah

sugarspice Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 4

I just wanted to share a positive story this week. I was at work on Monday and I was asked to do a baby shower cake for 2 staff members on Thursday and I agreed. The person asking for the cake said to let her know how much it would be (she ordered graduation cakes from me last year). So, as I am filling out the invoice-in my mind I automatically want to mark the price down. Then I thought-just take a deep breath and write down the real price-I can't give everyone I know a discount!! So I gave it to the person who ordered the cake and she said-great, I can't wait to eat a piece!
Thought this might be good encouragement for others who struggle with pricing. It was for a 12x18 cake and I charged $50. It will be plain BC, nothing too fancy d/t time constraints! I checked with the local bakery and they would charge $39 (they bake from scratch) but add $4 for a 1/2 white/choc cake-I do not charge for this, but may need to re-think this!

3 replies
sambugjoebear Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 4

Good job for sticking with your prices thumbs_up.gif

twooten173 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sambugjoebear

Good job for sticking with your prices thumbs_up.gif

thumbs_up.gif

Very rarely and I upset when people don't want to pay my price anymore. I can't be bothered with them if they don't want to pay what I think is reasonable for my time.

chutzpah Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 4

Well done, missy! How does that backbone feel?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%