hi everyone =)
i need a really good butter cake recipe that you can testify on... i need it badly coz the cupcakes are for saturday
i found 3 recipes in the net, here they are:
butter cake recipe 1: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Butter-Cake/Detail.aspx
butter cake recipe 2: http://www.joyofbaking.com/YellowButterCake.html
butter cake recipe 3:http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=653423
though i have tried the Vanilla Butter Cake from The Mermaid Bakery found here but i'm not that satisfied with it...
help CCer, pretty please....
Have you considered making the WASC and using a box of butter cake as your base? WASC is a shoe in for success! I use it for everything! HTH. Deb
thanks for the tip deb... but i'm more of a scratch baker...
i love sylvia weinstock's yellow cake recipe for my scratch cakes.
I love Sylvia's cake recipe, too. I don't separate the eggs, just add them all at once:
Based on Sylvia Weinstocks recipe
Fills (1) 12x3 pan or (2) 8x3 pans
2 ¼ C sifted cake flour
2 t baking powder
½ t salt
½ lb/ 8 0z (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temp.
2 C sugar
4 large eggs
2 t vanilla
1 C sour cream
1.Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt
3. Cream butter in large bowl till fluffy and light in color, about 2 min. on Med. Speed.
Add sugar and cont to beat till light and fluffy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time; Add vanilla or vanilla beans. (I'll scrape a vanilla bean's seeds into it and call it "vanilla bean butter cake")
5. Reduce speed to Low and add dry ingredients alternately with sour cream; beginning and ending w/ flour. Scrape sides of bowl and beat for 1 minute.
6. Bake till done: top should be nicely browned. Test for doneness with a toothpick- it should come out clean.
cas17, would you mind sharing your recipe or you can direct me to the right direction, please?
here's a link to the recipe
or you could just follow eatdessert1st's post above.
tthanks cas17 & eatdessert1st =) CC rocks
yes cc does rock