Simple Wedding Cake Ideas For Portfolio

Decorating By pinkpiggie78 Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 1:34pm by pinkpiggie78

pinkpiggie78 Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 12:37pm
post #1 of 4

I posted this over in the business forum but haven't gotten any response, so I thought I would post it here. Last week I got my first set of cake dummies in the mail and put together a couple of quick designs to put in my wedding portfolio (since I never did one before and my home bakery is opening next month). I am currently working on one of Duff's designs, but does anyone else have any pictures of some quick/simple, yet different designs I can throw together? I am hoping to have about a dozen designs before the end of Feb.

3 replies
brincess_b Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 11:29am
post #2 of 4

id skip through the gallery here, theres lots of good simple designs. think dots, stripes and flowers, and you are away! and think colours too, i think you want one really wild one to show you can do any style.

Sparklycake Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:22pm
post #3 of 4

Might have been about 2-3 years ago but I remember someone posting a lot of wedding photo's at once. Like yourself they were doing up a port-folio and I remember thinking wow that was a good idea.

The basically iced the dummies plain at first and made lots of different types/colours of flowers. Changed the ribbons and Flowers and had about 10 cakes from just doing that. Then they put in a simple piped design on the dummies and went through the process again. Another 10 cakes.

Then they made the design a bit more intricate and used the flowers and ribbons again. 30 cakes, only 1 set of dummies, ribbons and flowers.

pinkpiggie78 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:34pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks Ladies... I have been flipping through the galleries... there is just SOO much out there!! I was hoping someone had either just done a simple design and was willing to share or had just put together a quick protfolio themselves. If I didn't have a toddler and a part-time job, I would be making a new cake every day! I definately have several more ideas of what I would like to try... just need to find the time to do them... still open to suggestions though!! Everyone here is so creative!

Quote by @%username% on %date%