Mmf (My First Batch)

Decorating By Wesha Updated 2 Mar 2009 , 11:57am by sweetjan

Wesha Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:23am
post #1 of 18

Guys,

I am thrilled. I just made my first batch of MMF following the tutorial listed here on CC. I started the batch in my Heritage Mixmaster and then transferred the mixture to my sanitized table of course to finish the kneading process. I think that it turned out great. I wrapped it tightly (2x) in plastic wrap and put it in a ziplock bag. I am going to let it rest and try putting it on a cake tomorrow. Wish me luck. I will post the results hopefully great tomorrow. If it turns out disasterous I will still post pics so you guys can let me know what to do different next time.

toodles

Benisha

17 replies
pastryjen Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:31am
post #2 of 18

This could be the start of something serious!

Let us know how it goes!

Wesha Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:38am
post #3 of 18

Here are the final results. I was thrilled as this is my first time making MMF and decorating a cake with it. Practice makes perfect. I had trouble with the fondant ribbon around the base and stretching it to make sure it was smooth. I hid those areas the best that I could.
LL

PuffCake Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:43am
post #4 of 18

That looks fabulous! Congratulations!

fondantfrenzy Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:55am
post #5 of 18

Great Job, can't even tell you had issues..beautiful!

pastryjen Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 18

Well done!

neecerator Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:04pm
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesha

Guys,

I am thrilled. I just made my first batch of MMF following the tutorial listed here on CC. I started the batch in my Heritage Mixmaster and then transferred the mixture to my sanitized table of course to finish the kneading process. I think that it turned out great. I wrapped it tightly (2x) in plastic wrap and put it in a ziplock bag. I am going to let it rest and try putting it on a cake tomorrow. Wish me luck. I will post the results hopefully great tomorrow. If it turns out disasterous I will still post pics so you guys can let me know what to do different next time.

toodles

Benisha

Hi Benisha:
Where did you find the MMF Tutorial?

saap1204 Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 18

Your cake looks perfect! I have to cover a cake tomorrow (I am using Michele Foster's fondant); it it comes out looking half as great, I will be thrilled!

Wesha Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 2:55pm
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesha

Guys,

toodles

Benisha

Hi Benisha:
Where did you find the MMF Tutorial?

Under the Articles section listed here on CC.

thanks

Benisha

TracyLH Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:02pm
post #10 of 18

Congrats! I am going to be trying MMF soon and have heard that the brand of marshamallows makesa big difference. May I ask, what type did you use?

Thanks!

Wesha Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:13pm
post #11 of 18

I used Kraft Jet Puff Mini MM.

thanks

Benisha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

Congrats! I am going to be trying MMF soon and have heard that the brand of marshamallows makesa big difference. May I ask, what type did you use?

Thanks!

TracyLH Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:25pm
post #12 of 18

Thanks, Benisha! I at least need to make some MMF as my daughter wants to start making 3-d figures for cupcakes, etc., and this looks to be the way to go.

Sweet-Kakes Posted 27 Feb 2009 , 5:03pm
post #13 of 18

I, too, had great results using MMF for the first time. It was my first fondant every!! I used the alternative MMF recipe on this site under recipes. Here are the results.

Creative_chika Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:32am
post #14 of 18

Looks Great!

Flexible Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:43am
post #15 of 18

It looks great! Beautifully done! thumbs_up.gif

mamabrat13 Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 6:49am
post #16 of 18

Awesome job!

sheilabelle Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:43am
post #17 of 18

Just a note. If you are going to use MMF to make figures you either need to mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with gumpaste OR mix in 1/2 tsp. of tylose powder in it so that it will harden.

sweetjan Posted 2 Mar 2009 , 11:57am
post #18 of 18

Wow, you did a beautiful job. Great work!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%