Wedding Costs - Cost As Of Today.

Lounge By Bluehue Updated 25 Feb 2009 , 4:13am by Bluehue

Bluehue Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 1:34am
post #1 of 5

Figures out today state that to get Married in Australia one is looking at
$49000.00 for a wedding with 100 guests @108.00 per head at the reception.
And thats not having anything special or over the top.... just your basic wedding in a Church and Reception at a Reception Venue
And here i was thinking that we were in a recession - icon_confused.gif

Total Cost = $49,000.00 Aust = $31,443.28 USA

Thats for a wedding with 3 Bridesmaids and 3 Groomsman.

BH -

4 replies
indydebi Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 2:32am
post #2 of 5

The last US figure I saw was around $26,000, so with the way prices have gone up, $31K sounds about right.

Keep in mind that this "average" covers the $2000 weddings and up thru the $200,000 weddings. I would love to see the median number instead of the average.

Bluehue Posted 24 Feb 2009 , 7:54am
post #3 of 5

Oh i just Googgled currency coversation to convert the 49,000.00 Aust dollars into USA dollars.

Speaking of Average - *cough* Greg Norman & his wife have been here in Perth this last week for a Golfing jolly and together they spent a cool #320,000.00 on clothes in one Suburb alone -
They should be landing back in America around Thursday - with their new suitcases and clothes - *coughs again*

How AVERAGE is that - icon_wink.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.giftapedshut.gif

costumeczar Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 3:21am
post #4 of 5

Isn't Greg Norman married to Chris Everett? (I don't know if I spelled that right.) They're both loaded, must be nice!

Bluehue Posted 25 Feb 2009 , 4:13am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Isn't Greg Norman married to Chris Everett? (I don't know if I spelled that right.) They're both loaded, must be nice!

Yes, thats her name - i forgot it when i was typing - icon_redface.gif
Yes, it must be nice to throw that kind of money around on clothing and shoes - icon_wink.gif
And all in ONE WEEK icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_eek.gif -
We here in Western Australia say *thankyou Greg and Chris* - icon_lol.gif

For the life i me i cannot think what we would have over here that you culdn't find in the USA -
Perhaps they bought our leather goods as our winter in approaching soon.
*shrugs*

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%