Where To Buy(Sorta Long)

Decorating By pipe-dreams Updated 23 Feb 2009 , 11:56pm by pipe-dreams

pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 4

I am so frustrated right now icon_cry.gif
The only cake supply stores here are Michael's, which is such a crappy selection. Basically just a few character pans, some tips, sparkles, and icings. No luster dust or variety of regular pans or boards. Nothing special.

Then Walmart. That's it.
I usually only have a week advance for cakes, since I really don't do a lot right now. It sucks to have to *hope* that what I need will ship here in time.

I need a wig head for a power ranger cake. Someone said go to Sally's beauty shop. So I do, and they only have the ones with a face(eyes, nose, stuff I don't want on it). So I call the 1 other beauty shop around, and she says she has faceless ones. My hubby gets there right before she closes, and THEY ALL HAVE FACES. icon_mad.gif Why not tell us that over the phone? duh*

So he even was sweet enough to look through her catalog, and she can't even order faceless ones.

Where else can I get them from? I didn't see them at cakes by sams???

A crafter told me I could use a hot knife and melt the face down, but IDK. I guess it might be ok to try since they don't actually eat that part? That and a lot of buttercream maybe?

Sorry it's so long, and a vent along with the question. TIA

3 replies
OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 4

I bought ones with faces and I just carve the nose off and fill the eye sockets up with extra buttercream, or royal icing (and let it dry) depending on what I need it for. Nowhere around me sells the faceless ones either.

patticakesnc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pipe-dreams Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 11:56pm
post #4 of 4

Oh, I guess I forgot that I am so annoyedicon_smile.gif
I'm in the very south-east part of South Carolina. Actually, only about an hour from Savannah, GA. I'll check out that ebay link.

I'm glad to hear you carved and filled in with bc, and that it came out okay.
Thanks to you both!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%